18 April 2014
Friday, 22 February 2013 13:19
Over the years the role of Mauritian women has changed tremendously. They have admirably overcome many stereotypes and even surpassed men in certain domains not only in the public sector but in the private as well.
Friday, 18 January 2013 06:58
It used to be the case that behind every successful MAN, there was a POWERUL, usually HIDDEN( LOW PROFILE) , young and SEXY and VERY MANIPULATIVE WOMAN !.
Published in Blog
Friday, 13 July 2012 16:01
News on Sunday knows how to detect inspiring women – that is why this week’s issue features an interview with Shamma Esoof, an analyst and trainer at the World Health Organisation by profession, currently living in Malaysia.
Friday, 25 May 2012 18:22
“Nothing is difficult in the life of a woman if she has support and encouragement from others. This is the most important thing,” said Virginie Jhulloo who works in a security company as gate keeper in an office complex at Port Louis.
Friday, 25 May 2012 17:24
Pooja, aged 20 has left home since Tuesday to seek employment but has not returned home since. At her family home in Bambous, Pooja’s mother, Sunita B. aged 45, is very worried. Pooja was constantly “harassed” by her ex-boyfriend.
Published in Police News
Friday, 20 April 2012 18:12
A lecturer, an actress and film-maker, she is one exceptional woman who dons several hats and multi-tasks successfully. Behind the immaculately styled and carefully accessorised pretty damsel, lies a woman who can think on her feet and unabashedly speak her mind.
Friday, 16 March 2012 13:05
She has marked the history of Fire Brigade in Mauritius. Mrs Poonam Bisto is one of the six women to become the first female firefighters. Proudly wearing the uniform, Poonam feels ready to face the future challenges of what she describes as her “noble profession.” Believing strongly in women’s potential, she represents the wind of change which is blowing on the stereotyped jobs in Mauritius.
Friday, 02 March 2012 14:23
When Mrs. Maleena Jugroop-Muneesamy says dance is in her blood, it is not trite. It is a fact she is known for since her young days. She teaches Bharatnatyam, an Indian classical form of dance. She is a paragon of dedication, determination, and strong willpower which are quite visible from her exemplary performances and a good number of disciples who learn dance from her…
Friday, 13 January 2012 15:27
What strikes us most about her is her unpretentiousness. She is also generously vociferous in her appreciation of people and the little things in life. From being a seamstress to a receptionist, a supervisor, an event manager, social worker and singer, there is little that Stella Hennequin has not tried her hands at and not succeeded. NoS speaks to the multifaceted woman.
Friday, 21 October 2011 15:11
The National Women Entrepreneur Council (NWEC) organised a buyer-seller meeting at the Link Hotel in Ebène earlier this week. The event, sponsored by Barclays Bank, aimed at improving networking between women entrepreneurs and well-established enterprises in order to increase the sales and visibility of their products and services.
Published in News
Blog Popular Articles
- Tourism: Flatten the Box, Think WideSen Ramsamy has dissected the ills of the tourism industry and provided some interesting leads in order to salvage the…Written on Friday, 04 April 2014 06:00 in Blog Read 843 times Read more...
- Réforme électorale : Une question économiqueLa reforme électorale est au centre des débats. Ironiquement, ce n’est pas le peuple qui demande une réforme électorale, mais…Written on Wednesday, 02 April 2014 09:47 in Blog Read 824 times Read more...
- Réforme électorale - A quelle sauce allons-nous être mangés ? (Réflexions sur les recettes des maîtres cuisiniers politiques)N’ayant pu traiter de manière détaillée les questions abordées lors de l’émission « Au cœur de l’info » sur Radio…Written on Monday, 24 March 2014 11:35 in Blog Read 722 times Read more...
- Des mesures « la grattelle »La National Transport Authority (NTA) et l’Information and Communication Technologies Authority (Icta) ont arrêté deux mesures controversables, dont l’une, à…Written on Sunday, 23 March 2014 08:00 in Blog Read 702 times Read more...
- White Paper : What kind of reforms?The White Paper on electoral reform will be published before the resumption of the next parliamentary session, scheduled in less…Written on Friday, 21 March 2014 08:00 in Blog Read 566 times Read more...
- Dear Shakespeare : C’est dengue!My dear Billy,When the French use the term “c’est dingue,” they mean that something is absurd, bizarre. This should not…Written on Friday, 28 March 2014 07:30 in Blog Read 491 times Read more...
- Réforme électorale : État des lieuxLa déception peut être de mise. L’exercice auquel s’est livré le Premier ministre, lundi soir, équivaut davantage à un état…Written on Tuesday, 25 March 2014 07:49 in Blog Read 447 times Read more...
- The true purpose of the speed camera has been eclipsed - What is to be done to solve this problem?The main purpose of the speed cameras , among others ,is to instill driving discipline to drivers with a view…Written on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 11:32 in Blog Read 440 times Read more...
- The ‘La Gratelle’ MeasuresThe National Transport Authority (NTA) and the Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) have respectively taken controversial decisions, one of…Written on Friday, 28 March 2014 09:53 in Blog Read 423 times Read more...