31 July 2014
Friday, 20 June 2014 14:00
A first at the Mauritius Prison Services: the Disciplined Forces Service Commission has appointed Mrs Guneeta Aubeeluck as Deputy Commissioner of Prisons.
Published in News
Friday, 22 February 2013 13:19
Over the years the role of Mauritian women has changed tremendously. They have admirably overcome many stereotypes and even surpassed men in certain domains not only in the public sector but in the private as well.
Friday, 18 January 2013 06:58
It used to be the case that behind every successful MAN, there was a POWERUL, usually HIDDEN( LOW PROFILE) , young and SEXY and VERY MANIPULATIVE WOMAN !.
Published in Blog
Friday, 13 July 2012 16:01
News on Sunday knows how to detect inspiring women – that is why this week’s issue features an interview with Shamma Esoof, an analyst and trainer at the World Health Organisation by profession, currently living in Malaysia.
Friday, 25 May 2012 18:22
“Nothing is difficult in the life of a woman if she has support and encouragement from others. This is the most important thing,” said Virginie Jhulloo who works in a security company as gate keeper in an office complex at Port Louis.
Friday, 25 May 2012 17:24
Pooja, aged 20 has left home since Tuesday to seek employment but has not returned home since. At her family home in Bambous, Pooja’s mother, Sunita B. aged 45, is very worried. Pooja was constantly “harassed” by her ex-boyfriend.
Published in Police News
Friday, 20 April 2012 18:12
A lecturer, an actress and film-maker, she is one exceptional woman who dons several hats and multi-tasks successfully. Behind the immaculately styled and carefully accessorised pretty damsel, lies a woman who can think on her feet and unabashedly speak her mind.
Friday, 16 March 2012 13:05
She has marked the history of Fire Brigade in Mauritius. Mrs Poonam Bisto is one of the six women to become the first female firefighters. Proudly wearing the uniform, Poonam feels ready to face the future challenges of what she describes as her “noble profession.” Believing strongly in women’s potential, she represents the wind of change which is blowing on the stereotyped jobs in Mauritius.
Friday, 02 March 2012 14:23
When Mrs. Maleena Jugroop-Muneesamy says dance is in her blood, it is not trite. It is a fact she is known for since her young days. She teaches Bharatnatyam, an Indian classical form of dance. She is a paragon of dedication, determination, and strong willpower which are quite visible from her exemplary performances and a good number of disciples who learn dance from her…
Friday, 13 January 2012 15:27
What strikes us most about her is her unpretentiousness. She is also generously vociferous in her appreciation of people and the little things in life. From being a seamstress to a receptionist, a supervisor, an event manager, social worker and singer, there is little that Stella Hennequin has not tried her hands at and not succeeded. NoS speaks to the multifaceted woman.
Blog Popular Articles
- Equal Rights: Are we there yet?“All Mauritians are equal, but some Mauritians are more equal than others.” This is the conclusion that George Orwell might…Written on Friday, 04 July 2014 08:55 in Blog Read 842 times Read more...
- Schizophrénie politique ou 60-0 de la dictatureLa confidence nous a été faite par feu Peter Craig, qui a conseillé différents régimes : d’après une étude réalisée dans…Written on Sunday, 13 July 2014 09:03 in Blog Read 503 times Read more...
- Analyse d’un « mini-amendement constitutionnel provisoire »La Constitution, notre loi Suprême, nous a été léguée après l’Indépendance. Loin d’être figée dans la pierre, la Cour suprême,…Written on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 07:01 in Blog Read 454 times Read more...
- Politique : il est temps que « lepep admirab » fasse le bon choixLiaison dangereuse. Il n’y a pas d’autre terme pour qualifier ce qui se trame actuellement entre deux des partis politiques…Written on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 09:38 in Blog Read 441 times Read more...
- CT Power : Bérenger embarrasse RamgoolamOn doit vraiment s’attendre à tout sur l’échiquier politique mauricien. Des relations incestueuses à l’impensable. Car, il n’y a plus…Written on Saturday, 19 July 2014 07:47 in Blog Read 439 times Read more...
- Un boulet que traîne le PTrUn mégaprojet comme le métro léger, évalué à plusieurs dizaines de milliards de roupies, ne tient seulement qu'en une phrase…Written on Sunday, 06 July 2014 07:29 in Blog Read 408 times Read more...
- La bombe à retardementIl y a les discours politiques grandiloquents, mais il y a aussi les réalités économico-financières internationales qui nous réduisent à…Written on Sunday, 06 July 2014 07:32 in Blog Read 313 times Read more...
- Billet : De « koz kozer » à « kol koler »Nos politiciens ont l’impression que ce peuple admirable a une cervelle de moineau. Ils lui racontent des salades, pour ne…Written on Saturday, 26 July 2014 07:23 in Blog Read 308 times Read more...
- Chronique d’une catastrophe annoncéeLes entités politiques ressemblent souvent aux entités économiques. De fait, les alliances politiques, comme les mergers dans le monde des…Written on Sunday, 20 July 2014 07:33 in Blog Read 306 times Read more...