28 August 2014
News on Sunday
Friday, 04 January 2013 13:25 Written by Indradev Curpen
In his New Year message, the Prime Minister, Dr Navin Ramgoolam told the Nation that he was confident of fulfilling his promises in the year 2012 and that he is full of hope for the year 2013 in spite of world economic recession and global difficulties.
Read 888 times
Friday, 04 January 2013 13:23 Written by Yousouf Buglow
In the early hours of Thursday, News on Sunday received a call from a member of the public regarding a giant billboard which crashed on his van at St Pierre.
Read 756 times
Friday, 04 January 2013 13:07 Written by Sunil Gopal
The Prime Minister Dr. Navin Ramgoolam has preferred to maintain partisan political undertones in his New Year message to the nation. Usually New Year messages are an excellent opportunity for heads of governments to set aside partisan considerations and focus on national unity and nation building.
Read 781 times
Dumilé, a moderate tropical storm on Tuesday, began to veer southward a few hundred miles east of northern Madagascar, and nearly 600 miles north-northwest of Mauritius. Agalega, lying within 100 to 150 miles northwest of the cyclone centre, was walloped with heavy downpour between Sunday and Tuesday.
Read 447 times
Facebook Inc began rolling out a variety of new privacy controls last week, the company’s latest effort to address user concerns about who can see their personal information on the world’s largest social network.
Read 443 times
The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be released early next year and one of the possible reasons of the rumoured early release date is because Apple will be launching a redesigned iPhone.
Read 590 times
Friday, 28 December 2012 11:20 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
The Maurice Ile Durable Commission met the press last Friday to review its 2012 achievements and to present its action plan for 2013.
Read 4116 times
Published in Society
Friday, 28 December 2012 11:17 Written by Yousouf Buglow
Earlier this week, Mauritians celebrated Christmas in great splendour. Despite the blistering heat, Santa Claus did not fail to pop in with loads of presents for young and old. However, at this time of the year, there is much more to look forward to and the New Year festivities are round the corner.
Read 1209 times
Published in Society
Aifah has found in make-up artistry not only a means of expressing herself but also a way to portray the desired look and emotions of her subject.
Read 1508 times
Published in People
Bois d’Oiseaux, an exotic landscape promising fun and cultural activities in plenty. It is a small village of hardly one thousand inhabitants representing a Mauritius in miniature.
Read 826 times
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- The Dollar EnigmaEhshan Kodarbux, director of Le Défi Media Group, recently attended the summer school at the London School of Economics, more…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:10 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1213 times Read more...
- Public/Private Life of Politicians : Where to draw the line?The publication in the press of pictures of a private party attended by the Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam has…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:05 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1110 times Read more...
- Ebola: high security measures in MauritiusThe Ebola epidemic being called the most violent since its discovery in 1976, causing more than 1,000 deaths, the World…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 670 times Read more...
- Our youth : A tragedy of depression and phobias Adolescence is a period of dramatic and drastic changes. The journey from childhood to adulthood can be complex and challenging.…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 13:59 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 460 times Read more...
- Film Rebate Scheme : Developing a cinema industry in MauritiusAs Mauritius emerges as one of the most sophisticated and diversified economies in the region, film production on the island…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 13:57 in News Be the first to comment! Read 410 times Read more...
- Vinay Narrainen : ‘50,000 young Mauritians have benefited from the Duke of Edinburgh Award’International Youth Day was celebrated on 12 August, as designated by the United Nations General Assembly in 1999. It is…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 13:55 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 380 times Read more...
- Jessyca Joyekurun : How YALI changed her lifeJessyca Joyekurun recently returned to Mauritius after spending six weeks on a Business and Entrepreneurship Executive course at Yale University,…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 348 times Read more...
- Holiday camps for special needs childrenAn inclusive holiday camp was organised by the Down Syndrome Association (DSA) and U-link for children with special needs. The…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 270 times Read more...
- Post Code for MauritiusThe Post Code, existing in many countries since ages, has been recently introduced in Mauritius. Now every town or city…Written on Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 256 times Read more...