23 April 2014
News on Sunday
Friday, 17 August 2012 12:50 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
With Eid round the corner, many girls, irrespective of whether they celebrate this festival or not, are getting very excited for their Eid arrangements, especially for the Mehendi part. Eid is almost considered incomplete without Mehendi. The reason is not hard to find.
Read 1033 times
Published in Magazine
On the occasion of Hindi Day celebrated in India on September 14, the High Commission of India is organising two competitions for citizens of Mauritius namely the Hindi Essay Writing Competition and the Hindi Poetry Recitation Competition.
Read 589 times
Published in Education
Friday, 17 August 2012 12:41 Written by Jwala Kallee
The historian Auguste Toussaint has in his book ‘Deux siecles d’ histoire’ rightly pointed out the amount of work the building of a city of the calibre of Port Louis involved. The whole thing grew up out of nothing except that nature has endowed it with a natural harbour that made possible the growth of Port Louis.
Read 954 times
Published in Society
Friday, 17 August 2012 12:40 Written by News On Sunday
Lack of patience, impulsiveness, poor concentration, and learning difficulties are some signs that a child may be suffering from hyperactivity. If that’s the case, immediate treatment by experts is required.
Read 761 times
Published in Health
Friday, 10 August 2012 15:03 Written by Sunil Gopal
The Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam used a very derogative expression to term the Jugnauths on Wednesday at Petit Bel Air, Mahébourg, when asked by the media to share his views and comments on the current political situation.
Read 956 times
Friday, 10 August 2012 15:03 Written by Premita Leelachand
It seems that this time the Joint Negotiating Panel (JNP) will not end its struggle until their demands are accepted. While already at war with sugar producers, the JNP is now defying the Employment Relations Tribunal (ERT). During the week, an order of the Tribunal was overlooked by the JNP and now, it has decided to boycott the ERT on Tuesday.
Read 1502 times
The new chairperson of the Bhojpuri Speaking Union Mrs Sarita Boodhoo told News on Sunday that she “is very excited about her new job’ and that she sees her nomination as a new opportunity to further what she started 30 years ago, that is the preservation and promotion of Bhojpuri.
Read 1706 times
Friday, 10 August 2012 14:58
Yogesh Singh : “Right from May 2012, we started feeling the impact of the uncertainty over the renewal of the third country fabric“Written by Indradev Curpen
The US Congress voted on Thursday 2 August to renew a key provision in the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) related to Third Country Fabrics.
Read 1002 times
Published in Interview
The editor of the weekly Sunday Times, Imraan Hosany, can finally heave a sigh of relief. On Monday, the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) informed the Court that it no longer intended to proceed with the provisional charge of aggression that was lodged against Imraan Hosany.
Read 471 times
The Mauritius Shopping Fiesta, which started on June 29, ended on Saturday at Rose Hill. A closing ceremony was held on Sunday, on the Esplanade Sir Gaetan Duval, Mahebourg. Many celebrities were present.
Read 548 times
AKrishnee Bunwaree has been released on bail. The resident of Vallée-des-Prêtres, accused of having posted racist comments on Facebook, provided a surety of Rs 25,000 and signed an acknowledgment of debt of Rs 75,000 at the District Court of Port Louis.
Read 851 times
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Valerie Tse Chi Shum - First woman president of the Rotary Club of Grand BaieWritten on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:06 in People Be the first to comment! Read 452 times Read more...
- MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2014 - Zoanl LevelThe first Model United Nations (MUN) conference at zonal level took place during the last two weeks of the first…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:02 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 312 times Read more...
- Mauritian model bagging international assignmentsWorld highest paid models like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Laetitia Casta and Gisele Bündchen have a worth of approximately $42…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:17 in News Be the first to comment! Read 274 times Read more...
- Real Estate Scheme - Low innovation, high obstaclesInspired by the success of the first two Integrated Resorts Scheme (IRS) projects in Mauritius, namely Anahita in the East…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:15 in News Be the first to comment! Read 220 times Read more...
- Armoogum Parsooramen - ‘The Jaipur Foot helps us to believe in the Ability of a person and not in his Disability.’Armoogum Parsooramen has been minister of Education in the Mauritian government for thirteen years before he left to serve as…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:04 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 216 times Read more...
- Easter Celebrations on SundayThis Sunday 20 April, all Mauritians of Catholic faith, like billions of Catholics around the world, will be celebrating Easter…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 12:57 in News on Sunday Be the first to comment! Read 173 times Read more...
- Essential commodities - Why do prices keep rising?Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:43 in News Be the first to comment! Read 153 times Read more...
- Medical College and Elderly Home Corpse scandalFor many years now, Mauritian authorities have buried their head in the sand until the whiff of scandal around the…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:01 in News Be the first to comment! Read 147 times Read more...
- Electoral Reform viewed by the youthElectoral reform and the White Paper have taken centre stage in Mauritian politics and are even the main topic of…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:59 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 141 times Read more...