28 July 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
Friday, 21 September 2012 16:03
Over 300 international and local participants attended the Private Equity Mauritius (PEM) 2012 conference, a two-day event hosted by the Board of Investment last week, in collaboration with the private sector financial services stakeholders.
Friday, 06 July 2012 14:43
A recent op-ed piece in the New York Times by Dambisa Moyo takes a firm position that the role of the People’s Republic of China in Africa is a positive one.
Published in Society
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Eid’s joy turns into sorrowAfter a month of fasting, the global Muslim community will be celebrating Eid either on Monday 28 July or Tuesday…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 405 times Read more...
- New political parties : Alternatives or accessories?Parti Justice Sociale, The Liberals, Muvman Liberater, Ensam Nu Kapav, Union Populaire, etc. Our political landscape has recently witnessed an…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 17:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 345 times Read more...
- Light rail project firm on trackThe National Assembly met in session on Tuesday 22 July with Honourable Deputy Speaker, Pradeep Peetumber in the chair. On…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 118 times Read more...
- Ashit Gungah : ‘The population has already made its choice as to the next government that will take care of the country’Ashit Gungah is the secretary general (Administration) of the Mouvement Socialiste Militant (MSM). He is the First Member for Grand…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 109 times Read more...
- Basic commodities : Major changes in expenditure patternFrom March to June this year, Statistics Mauritius indicates that expenditure on several goods and services has witnessed changes. Most…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 91 times Read more...
- Shan Ip : ‘Some rules imposed on the MTC by the GRA have been implemented immediately’Following the concern created by the confusion that took place during the last horseracing day at the Champs de Mars…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 75 times Read more...
- Budget 2015 : Proposals invitedThe 2015 Pre-Budget Consultation Exercise is on. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development invites all stakeholders, including Business and…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 73 times Read more...
- PM urges new police recruits to show integrityPrime minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam called upon the newly recruited police constables to be honest and show integrity in their…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 70 times Read more...
- Tikoulou et le Souffle Magique : Tickets now on saleFans of ‘Tikoulou’ may get ready for the first ever musical show of the Mauritian hero taking place in September…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 55 times Read more...