02 September 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00
Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam, who participated in the 34th Ordinary Summit of SADC Heads of State and Government in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, has proposed the expertise of Mauritius to accelerate investment on the African continent. Dr Ramgoolam has called for a new global strategy (Expanded Africa Strategy) to boost investment on the continent.
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00
The Ebola outbreak in Africa has been distressing countries worldwide, including Mauritius. Till today, no case has been registered locally. However, adequate measures are being taken to prevent any outbreak in the country.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Labour/MMM alliance : Final decision on MondayIt’s on Monday that the Mouvement Militant Mauricien (MMM) will take the ‘ultimate’ decision whether they will go ahead with…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 560 times Read more...
- Teens : out of controlOur young people are branded as violent and out of control most of the time. The recent incident at the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Society Be the first to comment! Read 411 times Read more...
- Hamza Goolbar : “We all pray and want peace to prevail in Libya very soon”Memories of the 45th anniversary of the Great Alfateh Revolution (1st September 1969) come to our mind just like the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 359 times Read more...
- Kalyanee Hurry : “There are three essential factors to survive in a competitive environment”Having been awarded the second prize for the ‘Agro’ category at the National Women Entrepreneur Council (NWEC) Awards 2014, Kalyanee…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 264 times Read more...
- YK Business School : First graduation ceremony in MauritiusYK business School, which operates under the aegis of MANCOSA, celebrated its first graduation ceremony in Mauritius last Saturday. Ever…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 226 times Read more...
- How Money is MadeLast month, the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) announced the establishment of their own development bank, which…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 189 times Read more...
- Road mishap injures touristsSeveral persons were injured on Thursday when a bus collided with a car at Rivière des Anguilles. For some unknown…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 166 times Read more...
- Preparing for third term examsIn six week’s time, the exams season will kick off. While most educators have already completed the syllabus in the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 159 times Read more...
- Karuna Rajiah : “Preparing for examinations is not a matter of a few days”As the third term exams are approaching, students have started revising. Karuna Rajiah, psychologist, talks about the state of mind…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 138 times Read more...