25 October 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00
The 10th Economic Forum of the Indian Ocean Islands (FEIOI), takes place in Moroni Comoros this weekend, 23-25 October 2014. The FEIOI is the most important economic event of the Indian Ocean region. Organised this year by the Union of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (the UCCIA) under the auspices of the Union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the Indian Ocean (the UCCIOI) in collaboration with the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC), the FEIOI itself is a beacon economic rendez-vous of the region.
Published in Interview
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00
Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam, who participated in the 34th Ordinary Summit of SADC Heads of State and Government in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, has proposed the expertise of Mauritius to accelerate investment on the African continent. Dr Ramgoolam has called for a new global strategy (Expanded Africa Strategy) to boost investment on the continent.
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00
The Ebola outbreak in Africa has been distressing countries worldwide, including Mauritius. Till today, no case has been registered locally. However, adequate measures are being taken to prevent any outbreak in the country.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 388 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 354 times Read more...
- Studying in AustraliaThe Australian High Commission staff and Australian Alumni of Mauritius were present at the Australian booth at the Salon du…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 313 times Read more...
- Real fun and enjoyment : Azarine ActivitiesLocated in Roches Noires, in the northern part of Mauritius, Azuri is a wonderfully designed ocean front village. It is…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in Magazine Be the first to comment! Read 233 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 211 times Read more...
- The Second RepublicThe Second Republic, a salient feature of the Labour/MMM electoral agreement, seems to be totally absent from political debates. While…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 120 times Read more...
- General Elections : Critical week for political leadersThe coming week will be very critical for leaders of the two main alliances. By hook or by crook, they…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 47 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 44 times Read more...
- Salon du Prêt-à-Partir : An outstanding voyageFrom Friday 17 to Sunday 19 October, the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre at Pailles was on flight mode. For…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in Magazine Be the first to comment! Read 42 times Read more...