23 April 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
Friday, 21 September 2012 16:03
Over 300 international and local participants attended the Private Equity Mauritius (PEM) 2012 conference, a two-day event hosted by the Board of Investment last week, in collaboration with the private sector financial services stakeholders.
Friday, 06 July 2012 14:43
A recent op-ed piece in the New York Times by Dambisa Moyo takes a firm position that the role of the People’s Republic of China in Africa is a positive one.
Published in Society
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Valerie Tse Chi Shum - First woman president of the Rotary Club of Grand BaieWritten on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:06 in People Be the first to comment! Read 473 times Read more...
- MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2014 - Zoanl LevelThe first Model United Nations (MUN) conference at zonal level took place during the last two weeks of the first…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:02 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 358 times Read more...
- Mauritian model bagging international assignmentsWorld highest paid models like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Laetitia Casta and Gisele Bündchen have a worth of approximately $42…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:17 in News Be the first to comment! Read 294 times Read more...
- Real Estate Scheme - Low innovation, high obstaclesInspired by the success of the first two Integrated Resorts Scheme (IRS) projects in Mauritius, namely Anahita in the East…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:15 in News Be the first to comment! Read 233 times Read more...
- Armoogum Parsooramen - ‘The Jaipur Foot helps us to believe in the Ability of a person and not in his Disability.’Armoogum Parsooramen has been minister of Education in the Mauritian government for thirteen years before he left to serve as…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:04 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 226 times Read more...
- Easter Celebrations on SundayThis Sunday 20 April, all Mauritians of Catholic faith, like billions of Catholics around the world, will be celebrating Easter…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 12:57 in News on Sunday Be the first to comment! Read 179 times Read more...
- Essential commodities - Why do prices keep rising?Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:43 in News Be the first to comment! Read 178 times Read more...
- Medical College and Elderly Home Corpse scandalFor many years now, Mauritian authorities have buried their head in the sand until the whiff of scandal around the…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:01 in News Be the first to comment! Read 164 times Read more...
- Electoral Reform viewed by the youthElectoral reform and the White Paper have taken centre stage in Mauritian politics and are even the main topic of…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:59 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 159 times Read more...