08 March 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
Friday, 21 September 2012 16:03
Over 300 international and local participants attended the Private Equity Mauritius (PEM) 2012 conference, a two-day event hosted by the Board of Investment last week, in collaboration with the private sector financial services stakeholders.
Friday, 06 July 2012 14:43
A recent op-ed piece in the New York Times by Dambisa Moyo takes a firm position that the role of the People’s Republic of China in Africa is a positive one.
Published in Society
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Challenges faced by the modern woman : Women in the limelightA beautiful, intelligent and exquisite woman has got all what it takes for perfect seduction. No one can resist her…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 218 times Read more...
- ‘Humshakal’ film crew angers local fansGet lost. No, this is not a dialogue from the ‘Humshakal’ movie, currently being shot in Mauritius. These two words…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 101 times Read more...
- Bibi Shehreen Dookhee : The Portrait ArtistAlthough Shehreen has been creative since childhood, it took her a while to listen to her inner voice and to…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 94 times Read more...
- Ring Road : Shocked Bérenger sees double scandalShocking, frightening and catastrophic were the adjectives used by Paul Bérenger to describe the condition of the Ring Road at…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 61 times Read more...
- Ring Road : The Mega Engineering BlunderOne year after the opening of the MUR 1.3 billion Ring Road, trouble knocks at the door. Authorities are keeping…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 58 times Read more...
- Domestic ViolenceHistorically, domestic violence has been framed and understood exclusively as a women’s issue. Domestic abuse affects women, but also has…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 57 times Read more...
- Ramgoolam and Bappoo scorn journalists“Some journalists are operating under the command of ‘large capitalists’ who are trying all they can to ‘sabotage’ my government.…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 51 times Read more...
- Proton needs RM 3 Billion to develop new modelsProton Holdings Bhd is seeking up to RM 3Billion in development funding from the Government and Petronas. However, the Malaysian…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 48 times Read more...
- Refusing to replace his deceased attorney, Hurman loses against PMIn a judgment delivered last week Justice Bushan Domah sitting at the Supreme Court has struck out with costs the…Written on Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00 in Court News Be the first to comment! Read 40 times Read more...