18 September 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00
Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam, who participated in the 34th Ordinary Summit of SADC Heads of State and Government in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, has proposed the expertise of Mauritius to accelerate investment on the African continent. Dr Ramgoolam has called for a new global strategy (Expanded Africa Strategy) to boost investment on the continent.
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00
The Ebola outbreak in Africa has been distressing countries worldwide, including Mauritius. Till today, no case has been registered locally. However, adequate measures are being taken to prevent any outbreak in the country.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Jack Bizlall : “With or without Bérenger the country is in danger”What do you think of the actual political development?Very confusing, regarding the ideological support of the alliance between the Labour…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1126 times Read more...
- Khemraj Persand : Born to winIt is said winning becomes a habit with time and Kemraj epitomizes this statement. After bagging the “Young Entrepreneur Award…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1004 times Read more...
- Parties gear for general elections : Decisive weekend for future alliancesThis Sunday is the final leg towards the finalisation of a Labour/MMM alliance. The ball is in the court of…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 453 times Read more...
- Tania Diolle : “There is no swapping but only reshuffling”Lecturer of Political Science at the University of Mauritius, Tania Diolle provides a detailed analysis of the current political turmoil…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 438 times Read more...
- Investigation uncovers the shocking suffering of Mauritius monkeysAn investigation by the BUAV and Soko-Tierschutz has uncovered the shocking suffering of primates from Mauritius used in cruel experiments…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 334 times Read more...
- The business behind funerals – Elie and Sons : a complete funeral as from Rs 9,000 to Rs 50,000The funeral ceremony of a deceased person, indeed a painful moment for the family, is also a costly event. The…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 328 times Read more...
- Emerging sectors of the Economy – Renewable energySFER (Société Fournisseur d’Energies Renouvelables) is one of the leading companies specialising in the commercialisation and installation of photovoltaic systems…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 327 times Read more...
- New Identity Card : Game OverWith 94% of the population having converted their ID card and having in possession their new ID card is a…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 295 times Read more...
- Jaqueline Day – Academic Head of UCLan – UOM Enterprise : “UCLan will build a campus for 3,000 students”In Mauritius for a year, the new Academic Head of the University of Central Lancashire–UOM Enterprise aims at providing top…Written on Friday, 12 September 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 243 times Read more...