23 October 2014
Displaying items by tag: Africa
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00
Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam, who participated in the 34th Ordinary Summit of SADC Heads of State and Government in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, has proposed the expertise of Mauritius to accelerate investment on the African continent. Dr Ramgoolam has called for a new global strategy (Expanded Africa Strategy) to boost investment on the continent.
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00
The Ebola outbreak in Africa has been distressing countries worldwide, including Mauritius. Till today, no case has been registered locally. However, adequate measures are being taken to prevent any outbreak in the country.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) have been, for a long time, the focus of emerging-market investors. But it is in Africa, a region with the world’s second-fastest growth, where the future big business opportunities lie. In about one-third of the continent’s 55 countries, annual GDP growth is above 6%, and Sub-Saharan Africa grew at an estimated 5.1% pace in 2013.
Friday, 06 December 2013 13:05
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on the 30th November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 06 December 2013 12:38
Mauritius played a central role at the Angels for Africa fundraising event held on 30 November 2013 at the Lancaster London Hotel. The event was hosted by ASAHCA (Association of Spouses of African High Commissioners and Ambassadors).
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
In Africa, when we talk of the Big 5, we refer to five of the most difficult animals to hunt in the black continent, namely the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the leopard, and the rhinoceros. Since most of these game animals are now endangered, the term Big 5 is more frequently used by safari tour operators. We are not going to talk of animals here but of the “Big 5” economies in Africa.
Friday, 10 May 2013 13:36
AFRICA’S SHARE of global foreign direct investment (FDI) has grown over the past five years, highlighting the growing interest in the continent from foreign investors, according to Ernst & Young’s third Africa Attractiveness Survey.
Friday, 22 March 2013 15:34
microsoft has announced the availability of Office 2013 in Sub-Saharan Africa on Tuesday. Offering a unique experience, Office 2013 was conceptualized to function in tactile mode as well as with a mouse and allows natural interfacing with the Cloud.
Published in Magazine
Friday, 07 December 2012 13:04
The African Editors’ Forum (TAEF) concluded its 5th Biannual General Meeting (BGM), held in Kigali, Rwanda on 28 November 2012.
Friday, 05 October 2012 16:03
Foreign Affairs Minister Arvin Boolell criticised Britain for refusing to enter into talks in good faith over the dispute on excised Mauritian territories. He was speaking at the 67th session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday 1 October 2012 in New York.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 4445 times Read more...
- Electoral Campaign : Key issues at heartThe polling day is yet to be announced but the electoral campaign is in full swing. After the battle of…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1641 times Read more...
- Sergeant Boojhawon : “The announcement touches the heart of police officers”Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 854 times Read more...
- Université des Mascareignes : Bilingual and double certificationUniversité des Mascareignes (UDM) became the third public university of the country after the UDM Act was passed in 2012.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 550 times Read more...
- In the wake of dissolution of the National Assembly : Can the Parliamentary Private Secretaries stay in office?The stand of the government regarding the role of Parliamentary Private Secretaries is still unclear in the wake of the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 297 times Read more...
- Danielle Selvon : “The country needs people who can tackle its economic woes and social ills”Mrs Marie Danielle Selvon, in the midst of an already rich professional career was called to the bar on 19…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 252 times Read more...
- Forte : a unique touch to your partiesThemed parties are very common in European countries but in Mauritius, we rarely see such parties. Screnika Singh Purmanan has…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 248 times Read more...
- Writ of elections after 2 NovemberThe general elections will most probably be held in the first week of December and the date that is being…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 237 times Read more...
- Plaintiff loses against State because of procedural errorThe Intermediate Court having on the bench Magistrate Maryse Panglose-Cala has set aside the plaint with summons entered by Satyaveer…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in Court News Be the first to comment! Read 235 times Read more...