19 April 2014
Friday, 14 March 2014 14:00
How many more drowning and near drowning must we read in our newspapers before adults wise up as to how easy it is for people to become a victim in water? The number of drowning-related cases is currently at 13. Only one out of the thirteen were rescued. We all know that there is no injection or medicines against drowning but what can be the solution? Is prevention and education the key to this silent killer? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
The advance of technology has enormously improved the position of women all over the world. In the 19th century, the ways that women’s positions improved included the telephone, public transportation, and the bicycle.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
Many good things have happened in Mauritius over the years, such as economic boom and empowerment of women, but so did the rise in single-mother households.
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00
The year 2014 has not had a bright start for the people of Mauritius, with its scams, natural calamities and road accidents so far.
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00
There are many animal abuse cases that occur globally. Unfortunately, the statistics do not get as much in terms of the culprits being put to justice.
Published in News
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00
Like the rest of world lovers, Mauritians grow very passionate when in love. We have many customs about courtship and weddings. However, this is just the sweet side of love.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The talk of the town this week has been about the Higher School Certificate results announced on Monday. As usual, all eyes were on the newly crowned ‘laureates’ who did not only make their respective schools proud, but also their parents and teachers. Nevertheless, there were many other students who, although they did not hit ‘laureates level’ still came through with flying colours. But what’s next for them? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 17 January 2014 14:00
In the past, it was natural for family and friends to care for older people at home until their last days. Nowadays, elderly people are more likely to be abandoned or sent to nursing homes — an attitude that may appear insensitive, even cruel.
Thursday, 16 January 2014 11:10
Chercher sa tendre moitié à travers les sites de rencontre ou agences matrimoniales... c’est la nouvelle tendance à Maurice. Les sites en ligne se multiplient proposant des divers services. Fini le temps où les parents ou proches cherchaient le partenaire idéal pour leurs enfants. Aujourd’hui, l’Internet fait l’affaire.
Friday, 10 January 2014 14:00
The saying ‘education is free in Mauritius’ is not true in all its senses. The harsh reality is that there are still many people who struggle to get the proper education because of financial restraints.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- MODEL UNITED NATIONS 2014 - Zoanl LevelThe first Model United Nations (MUN) conference at zonal level took place during the last two weeks of the first…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:02 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 98 times Read more...
- Pravind Jugnauth: Adjournment of Parliament scandalousPravind Jugnauth stated that the adjournment of Parliament to 13 May is scandalous at a time when the population wants…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 12:44 in News Be the first to comment! Read 64 times Read more...
- Real Estate Scheme - Low innovation, high obstaclesInspired by the success of the first two Integrated Resorts Scheme (IRS) projects in Mauritius, namely Anahita in the East…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:15 in News Be the first to comment! Read 63 times Read more...
- Mauritian model bagging international assignmentsWorld highest paid models like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Laetitia Casta and Gisele Bündchen have a worth of approximately $42…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:17 in News Be the first to comment! Read 62 times Read more...
- Armoogum Parsooramen - ‘The Jaipur Foot helps us to believe in the Ability of a person and not in his Disability.’Armoogum Parsooramen has been minister of Education in the Mauritian government for thirteen years before he left to serve as…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:04 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 57 times Read more...
- Valerie Tse Chi Shum - First woman president of the Rotary Club of Grand BaieWritten on Friday, 18 April 2014 14:06 in People Be the first to comment! Read 53 times Read more...
- Children and winter season - What precautions to take?The shift from summer to winter is the period when people become prone to seasonal illness like influenza, coughing and…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:57 in Society Be the first to comment! Read 46 times Read more...
- Bérenger meets Ramgoolam - Second Republic on the agendaThe Prime Minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam met the Leader of the Opposition, Paul Bérenger, on Thursday afternoon at Clarisse House…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 12:44 in News Be the first to comment! Read 44 times Read more...
- Disciplinary proceedings against barrister Teeluckdharry to continueThe disciplinary proceedings against barrister Mr Kalidass Sanjeev Teeluckdharry before the Supreme Court have not been struck out following a…Written on Friday, 18 April 2014 13:52 in Court News Be the first to comment! Read 42 times Read more...