31 July 2014
Friday, 14 March 2014 14:00
How many more drowning and near drowning must we read in our newspapers before adults wise up as to how easy it is for people to become a victim in water? The number of drowning-related cases is currently at 13. Only one out of the thirteen were rescued. We all know that there is no injection or medicines against drowning but what can be the solution? Is prevention and education the key to this silent killer? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
The advance of technology has enormously improved the position of women all over the world. In the 19th century, the ways that women’s positions improved included the telephone, public transportation, and the bicycle.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
Many good things have happened in Mauritius over the years, such as economic boom and empowerment of women, but so did the rise in single-mother households.
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00
The year 2014 has not had a bright start for the people of Mauritius, with its scams, natural calamities and road accidents so far.
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00
There are many animal abuse cases that occur globally. Unfortunately, the statistics do not get as much in terms of the culprits being put to justice.
Published in News
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00
Like the rest of world lovers, Mauritians grow very passionate when in love. We have many customs about courtship and weddings. However, this is just the sweet side of love.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The talk of the town this week has been about the Higher School Certificate results announced on Monday. As usual, all eyes were on the newly crowned ‘laureates’ who did not only make their respective schools proud, but also their parents and teachers. Nevertheless, there were many other students who, although they did not hit ‘laureates level’ still came through with flying colours. But what’s next for them? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 17 January 2014 14:00
In the past, it was natural for family and friends to care for older people at home until their last days. Nowadays, elderly people are more likely to be abandoned or sent to nursing homes — an attitude that may appear insensitive, even cruel.
Thursday, 16 January 2014 11:10
Chercher sa tendre moitié à travers les sites de rencontre ou agences matrimoniales... c’est la nouvelle tendance à Maurice. Les sites en ligne se multiplient proposant des divers services. Fini le temps où les parents ou proches cherchaient le partenaire idéal pour leurs enfants. Aujourd’hui, l’Internet fait l’affaire.
Friday, 10 January 2014 14:00
The saying ‘education is free in Mauritius’ is not true in all its senses. The harsh reality is that there are still many people who struggle to get the proper education because of financial restraints.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Eid’s joy turns into sorrowAfter a month of fasting, the global Muslim community will be celebrating Eid either on Monday 28 July or Tuesday…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 556 times Read more...
- New political parties : Alternatives or accessories?Parti Justice Sociale, The Liberals, Muvman Liberater, Ensam Nu Kapav, Union Populaire, etc. Our political landscape has recently witnessed an…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 17:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 546 times Read more...
- Light rail project firm on trackThe National Assembly met in session on Tuesday 22 July with Honourable Deputy Speaker, Pradeep Peetumber in the chair. On…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 188 times Read more...
- Ashit Gungah : ‘The population has already made its choice as to the next government that will take care of the country’Ashit Gungah is the secretary general (Administration) of the Mouvement Socialiste Militant (MSM). He is the First Member for Grand…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 172 times Read more...
- Basic commodities : Major changes in expenditure patternFrom March to June this year, Statistics Mauritius indicates that expenditure on several goods and services has witnessed changes. Most…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 135 times Read more...
- Shan Ip : ‘Some rules imposed on the MTC by the GRA have been implemented immediately’Following the concern created by the confusion that took place during the last horseracing day at the Champs de Mars…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 93 times Read more...
- PM urges new police recruits to show integrityPrime minister Dr Navin Ramgoolam called upon the newly recruited police constables to be honest and show integrity in their…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 88 times Read more...
- Budget 2015 : Proposals invitedThe 2015 Pre-Budget Consultation Exercise is on. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development invites all stakeholders, including Business and…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 84 times Read more...
- Tikoulou et le Souffle Magique : Tickets now on saleFans of ‘Tikoulou’ may get ready for the first ever musical show of the Mauritian hero taking place in September…Written on Friday, 25 July 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 74 times Read more...