21 August 2014
Friday, 14 March 2014 14:00
How many more drowning and near drowning must we read in our newspapers before adults wise up as to how easy it is for people to become a victim in water? The number of drowning-related cases is currently at 13. Only one out of the thirteen were rescued. We all know that there is no injection or medicines against drowning but what can be the solution? Is prevention and education the key to this silent killer? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
The advance of technology has enormously improved the position of women all over the world. In the 19th century, the ways that women’s positions improved included the telephone, public transportation, and the bicycle.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
Many good things have happened in Mauritius over the years, such as economic boom and empowerment of women, but so did the rise in single-mother households.
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00
The year 2014 has not had a bright start for the people of Mauritius, with its scams, natural calamities and road accidents so far.
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00
There are many animal abuse cases that occur globally. Unfortunately, the statistics do not get as much in terms of the culprits being put to justice.
Published in News
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00
Like the rest of world lovers, Mauritians grow very passionate when in love. We have many customs about courtship and weddings. However, this is just the sweet side of love.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The talk of the town this week has been about the Higher School Certificate results announced on Monday. As usual, all eyes were on the newly crowned ‘laureates’ who did not only make their respective schools proud, but also their parents and teachers. Nevertheless, there were many other students who, although they did not hit ‘laureates level’ still came through with flying colours. But what’s next for them? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 17 January 2014 14:00
In the past, it was natural for family and friends to care for older people at home until their last days. Nowadays, elderly people are more likely to be abandoned or sent to nursing homes — an attitude that may appear insensitive, even cruel.
Thursday, 16 January 2014 11:10
Chercher sa tendre moitié à travers les sites de rencontre ou agences matrimoniales... c’est la nouvelle tendance à Maurice. Les sites en ligne se multiplient proposant des divers services. Fini le temps où les parents ou proches cherchaient le partenaire idéal pour leurs enfants. Aujourd’hui, l’Internet fait l’affaire.
Friday, 10 January 2014 14:00
The saying ‘education is free in Mauritius’ is not true in all its senses. The harsh reality is that there are still many people who struggle to get the proper education because of financial restraints.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Ananas Victoria Ltd : A sustainable and exemplary enterprisePineapple is by far one of the most favoured tropical fruits produced in Mauritius. Not so long ago, local farmers…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 1157 times Read more...
- Riyaad Arzamkhan : “Flying is my first love”Dressed in his white striped shirt and black pants, Riyaad, 33, will take you up in the air. Currently living…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 591 times Read more...
- Maurice Vigier de Latour : “If the AGOA is not extended, apparel exports to the USA will be completely wiped out”Despite being recognised among the best retailers and suppliers of quality garments of the world and a role model in…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 335 times Read more...
- Gerard Lai Chek, owner of ‘Chez Gerard Cakes’ : “I earn my daily bread from my passion for decoration and creativity”For those who have a sweet tooth and love the fairy tale ‘Hansel and Gretel’, they will love this place.…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 317 times Read more...
- India-Pakistan Independence DayThe Pakistani community living in Mauritius gathered at the Embassy of the Republic of Pakistan, Floreal, on Thursday, to celebrate…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 215 times Read more...
- Robert Kaplan : The Balanced Scorecard increases productivityA full day workshop organised by the National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC) last Wednesday, at the Trianon Convention Centre,…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 191 times Read more...
- Open and Distance Learning : Key to making Mauritius a Knowledge HubThe traditional university, with twenty or more students, listening raptly to the professor, is viewed more and more as a…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 162 times Read more...
- Latest statistics on crime and justiceLatest figures released on Crime, Justice and Security for the year 2013 indicate that the general level of crime as…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 158 times Read more...
- Socrates School of Health Sciences, Business & TechnologyToday it is increasingly recognised that tremendous changes and innovation are happening in business, technology and medical sectors which are…Written on Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 145 times Read more...