01 September 2014
Friday, 14 March 2014 14:00
How many more drowning and near drowning must we read in our newspapers before adults wise up as to how easy it is for people to become a victim in water? The number of drowning-related cases is currently at 13. Only one out of the thirteen were rescued. We all know that there is no injection or medicines against drowning but what can be the solution? Is prevention and education the key to this silent killer? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
The advance of technology has enormously improved the position of women all over the world. In the 19th century, the ways that women’s positions improved included the telephone, public transportation, and the bicycle.
Friday, 07 March 2014 14:00
Many good things have happened in Mauritius over the years, such as economic boom and empowerment of women, but so did the rise in single-mother households.
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00
The year 2014 has not had a bright start for the people of Mauritius, with its scams, natural calamities and road accidents so far.
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00
There are many animal abuse cases that occur globally. Unfortunately, the statistics do not get as much in terms of the culprits being put to justice.
Published in News
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00
Like the rest of world lovers, Mauritians grow very passionate when in love. We have many customs about courtship and weddings. However, this is just the sweet side of love.
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00
The talk of the town this week has been about the Higher School Certificate results announced on Monday. As usual, all eyes were on the newly crowned ‘laureates’ who did not only make their respective schools proud, but also their parents and teachers. Nevertheless, there were many other students who, although they did not hit ‘laureates level’ still came through with flying colours. But what’s next for them? News on Sunday investigates.
Friday, 17 January 2014 14:00
In the past, it was natural for family and friends to care for older people at home until their last days. Nowadays, elderly people are more likely to be abandoned or sent to nursing homes — an attitude that may appear insensitive, even cruel.
Thursday, 16 January 2014 11:10
Chercher sa tendre moitié à travers les sites de rencontre ou agences matrimoniales... c’est la nouvelle tendance à Maurice. Les sites en ligne se multiplient proposant des divers services. Fini le temps où les parents ou proches cherchaient le partenaire idéal pour leurs enfants. Aujourd’hui, l’Internet fait l’affaire.
Friday, 10 January 2014 14:00
The saying ‘education is free in Mauritius’ is not true in all its senses. The harsh reality is that there are still many people who struggle to get the proper education because of financial restraints.
News On Sunday Popular Articles
- Labour/MMM alliance : Final decision on MondayIt’s on Monday that the Mouvement Militant Mauricien (MMM) will take the ‘ultimate’ decision whether they will go ahead with…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 510 times Read more...
- Teens : out of controlOur young people are branded as violent and out of control most of the time. The recent incident at the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Society Be the first to comment! Read 336 times Read more...
- Hamza Goolbar : “We all pray and want peace to prevail in Libya very soon”Memories of the 45th anniversary of the Great Alfateh Revolution (1st September 1969) come to our mind just like the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 297 times Read more...
- Kalyanee Hurry : “There are three essential factors to survive in a competitive environment”Having been awarded the second prize for the ‘Agro’ category at the National Women Entrepreneur Council (NWEC) Awards 2014, Kalyanee…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in People Be the first to comment! Read 251 times Read more...
- YK Business School : First graduation ceremony in MauritiusYK business School, which operates under the aegis of MANCOSA, celebrated its first graduation ceremony in Mauritius last Saturday. Ever…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 206 times Read more...
- How Money is MadeLast month, the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) announced the establishment of their own development bank, which…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 179 times Read more...
- Preparing for third term examsIn six week’s time, the exams season will kick off. While most educators have already completed the syllabus in the…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Education Be the first to comment! Read 140 times Read more...
- Road mishap injures touristsSeveral persons were injured on Thursday when a bus collided with a car at Rivière des Anguilles. For some unknown…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in News Be the first to comment! Read 135 times Read more...
- Karuna Rajiah : “Preparing for examinations is not a matter of a few days”As the third term exams are approaching, students have started revising. Karuna Rajiah, psychologist, talks about the state of mind…Written on Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 in Interview Be the first to comment! Read 131 times Read more...