26 October 2014
Friday, 29 November 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
A teacher English, Davina Korlapu Bungaree is a young lady who devotes herself to the empowerment of the youth. Full of aspirations and ambitions, she is passionate about foreign affairs, the world of politics and diplomacy.
Read 1762 times
Friday, 22 November 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
A dynamic and dedicated woman, she inspires the youth and women to achieve higher. A mother and businesswoman, Dr Dorish Chitson embodies a model of selflessness, professionalism and generosity.
Read 861 times
She uses her emotions to convey a message in each piece of art she creates. She uses her art to touch the lives of all who come in contact with it. The apparent ease of her composition reveals mastery, dedication and nurturing.
Read 576 times
Friday, 15 November 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
‘Building a better Mauritius’ was the theme of the budget 2014 presented by the Minister of Finance Xavier-Luc Duval last Friday. While the Minister of Finance’s third budget has according to him created a ‘feel good factor’, many still feel that major issues have not been addressed.
Read 744 times
Friday, 15 November 2013 09:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
It is a dream for many a little girl to grow up and hit the runway or print magazine as a model. Giovanna has made it through and light-years away from her little-girl dream, she is now living it and taking on the world with a newfound confidence.
Read 586 times
Friday, 08 November 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
“Education is not only academic. Without values and norms, a child’s education is incomplete,” claims Marie Claire Heerah, born Ducasse. The founder and Managing Director of Saint Nicholas Grammar School (Primary and Secondary), she strives not only to provide high academic education to children, but also to inculcate in them respect and moral values as well as to develop the emotional and spiritual virtues.
Read 1038 times
Bold, passionate and confident, he has a natural flair for fashion and is igniting the scene with his love for it. He also packs in the spunkiest of personalities and rocks the boldest of fashion.
Read 467 times
Friday, 08 November 2013 09:00 Written by News On Sunday
Dressed in the traditional graduation garb, the square academic cap on the head and the degree certificate in hand, fresh graduates think they are at the threshold of a bright future. Such a picture tends to make parents believe that they are about to reap the fruits of their years of sacrifice as their kin is at the point of obtaining a well-paid job. However, the reality is not at all what they have imagined.
Read 716 times
Friday, 01 November 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Her name is certainly familiar. Remember the sega song ‘Ton Philippe’? Yes Marjorie Seevraz is the singer of the hit sega song of 1998. A multi-talented woman, she is not only blessed with a sultry voice but also with crafty hands. After seven years away from the stage and with the ups and downs of life, Marjorie did not give up.
Read 542 times
Friday, 01 November 2013 09:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
What set her apart is that in spite of studies in unrelated fields and previously a teacher, her passion for pastry making has helped her to shift careers and to unearth fresh ideas. She is as inspired as she is inspiring.
Read 1096 times
Friday, 25 October 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
The first ever International Youth Forum (IYF) took place in Mauritius last week. Organised and hosted by Konectenu, this event lasted from 11 to 18 October. Various topics were addressed including leadership, politics, humanities, entrepreneurship, career, unemployment, social work, volunteerism, environment, culture & tradition and others.
Read 1665 times
This former Miss Reunion may have cheekbones that can cut and an incredibly sweet smile that could melt the hardest of hearts, but there is more to the lady than just looks. Raissa is a perfect representative of the new breed of models. Where 20 years ago it would have sufficed to have a stunning face and incredible posing skills, today it takes more.
Read 741 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 754 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 608 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 256 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 57 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 42 times Read more...