20 October 2014
Friday, 08 November 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
“Education is not only academic. Without values and norms, a child’s education is incomplete,” claims Marie Claire Heerah, born Ducasse. The founder and Managing Director of Saint Nicholas Grammar School (Primary and Secondary), she strives not only to provide high academic education to children, but also to inculcate in them respect and moral values as well as to develop the emotional and spiritual virtues.
Read 1027 times
Bold, passionate and confident, he has a natural flair for fashion and is igniting the scene with his love for it. He also packs in the spunkiest of personalities and rocks the boldest of fashion.
Read 463 times
Friday, 08 November 2013 09:00 Written by News On Sunday
Dressed in the traditional graduation garb, the square academic cap on the head and the degree certificate in hand, fresh graduates think they are at the threshold of a bright future. Such a picture tends to make parents believe that they are about to reap the fruits of their years of sacrifice as their kin is at the point of obtaining a well-paid job. However, the reality is not at all what they have imagined.
Read 709 times
Friday, 01 November 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Her name is certainly familiar. Remember the sega song ‘Ton Philippe’? Yes Marjorie Seevraz is the singer of the hit sega song of 1998. A multi-talented woman, she is not only blessed with a sultry voice but also with crafty hands. After seven years away from the stage and with the ups and downs of life, Marjorie did not give up.
Read 533 times
Friday, 01 November 2013 09:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
What set her apart is that in spite of studies in unrelated fields and previously a teacher, her passion for pastry making has helped her to shift careers and to unearth fresh ideas. She is as inspired as she is inspiring.
Read 1093 times
Friday, 25 October 2013 09:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
The first ever International Youth Forum (IYF) took place in Mauritius last week. Organised and hosted by Konectenu, this event lasted from 11 to 18 October. Various topics were addressed including leadership, politics, humanities, entrepreneurship, career, unemployment, social work, volunteerism, environment, culture & tradition and others.
Read 1661 times
This former Miss Reunion may have cheekbones that can cut and an incredibly sweet smile that could melt the hardest of hearts, but there is more to the lady than just looks. Raissa is a perfect representative of the new breed of models. Where 20 years ago it would have sufficed to have a stunning face and incredible posing skills, today it takes more.
Read 738 times
Friday, 18 October 2013 09:00
Cecile Cassimally : The Golden Voice FeaturedWritten by Jameela Jaddoo
This week News on Sunday met one cheerful and energetic personality whose voice leaves people stunned. Cecile Cassimally has been singing and performing in shows since 1988. Throughout the years, her melodious and charming voice has been entertaining and carrying people away from their troubles.
Read 1054 times
Despite all the critical analyses, art histories, surveys, reviews, criticisms and articles we might read, there is no substitute for an artist’s own words to inform us of his or her intentions and ideas.
Read 714 times
Friday, 11 October 2013 08:15 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
SHE UNDERWENT four months of chemotherapy which lasted like a lifetime. “Cancer helped me answer many difficult questions. It forced me to face many demons. With cancer, I decided to never short-change myself ever again. Cancer gave me the courage to live. And I decided that I would not die an unlived life,” she said. Varsha shared her deepest feelings and her experiences during her ‘breast cancer journey’ with us.
Read 1730 times
Friday, 11 October 2013 08:00 Written by News On Sunday
What do lingerie and jewellery have in common? Zinaida B. Ameerally-Ramjan. Much like her fashion ideology, which emphasizes the beauty and sensuality of the female form, and the seductive details that epitomise glamorous lingerie, Zinaida’s design perspective gives similar attention to the wants and needs of women.
Read 898 times
Friday, 04 October 2013 08:30 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Sometimes an incident can change one’s life drastically but it is only a few brave who successfully recover and start afresh. Former air hostess Nalini Ramasamy suffered an injury on a flight which obliged her to put an end to her career.
Read 521 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 2788 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 118 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 75 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 54 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 46 times Read more...