23 October 2014
He is a compressed bundle of energy; blue-eyed, brown haired and standing tall at 5 foot 7 inches. Thirty-eight year old Quebec native Dominic Lacasse began his current acrobatic career after seven years of gymnastics and 14 years of circus performance.
Read 652 times
She is attached to her beloved country but Mauritius and its people have carved a special place in her heart and life. Born and brought up in India, Medha Gujadhur settled in Mauritius in 2010.
Read 1689 times
The music industry can be a tough road to maneuver, filled with confusing signs, unexpected roadblocks and others trying to get to the same place as you.
Read 742 times
Friday, 20 September 2013 09:10 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
A former table tennis player, Aarti Gulrajani Desscann advocates women’s rights to sports. President of the Women and Sport Commission of the Mauritius Olympic Committee, she strives to promote the participation of women in sports at all levels.
Read 2113 times
Friday, 20 September 2013 09:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
In the maelstrom of Mauritian politics, the President of the RCP stands firm against all odds. To find out more about this upright barrister who is all focused about bringing a positive change, read this interview of his with NoS.
Read 841 times
Sunday, 15 September 2013 09:00 Written by Ajagen Koomalen Rungen
C’est l’histoire de deux sœurs très complices et qui font leurs preuves dans différents domaines : équitation, athlétisme, karaté, mannequinat et musique. Anastasia et Victoria partagent un amour mutuel à toute épreuve. Rencontre avec deux petites-filles de Gaëtan Duval.
Read 4119 times
Friday, 13 September 2013 09:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
Blessed with an unforgettable look and an infectious enthusiasm, Harshani has distinguished herself across a variety of platforms, pushing her name into the lime light. Swinging by the News on Sunday office, she talks about her life and how she burgeoned into a model. And with her serious drive to become fashion’s next bombshell, Harshani’s star is only going to burn brighter.
Read 4611 times
He forms part of the comedy scene that includes some very exciting, unique, and boundary-pushing up-and-comers with surprisingly refined perspectives. His on-stage persona is both ferocious and empathetic, taking social, political, and self-analysis to its most provocative conclusion.
Read 950 times
Friday, 30 August 2013 08:00
Grand Winner of the ‘Emerging Exporters’ Award – Anooradah Pooran : The wonder businesswoman with a social touch FeaturedWritten by Jameela Jaddoo
Chairperson of the ‘Association Pour l’Education des Enfants Défavorisés’ (APEDED), Mrs Anooradah Pooran set up an income generating and women empowerment project on Herbal Tea in 2006. A visionary, she expanded the business and reached international markets where ‘Secret Grand-Mere Herbal Tea’ has known tremendous success.
Read 1073 times
Friday, 23 August 2013 08:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
A burgeoning sector in the country, Fashion Design, has gained ground over the years. However despite the lack of support and faith in the young upcoming talents some are lucky enough to make it to the top. Bright and talented but also dedicated and hardworking, Anais Lionnet is a young fashion designer who made it beyond the Mauritian shores.
Read 1746 times
Friday, 23 August 2013 08:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
Art serves as yet another reminder that painting, in the right hands, is far from dead. Nishal’s paintings bear the precise strokes of a passionate with a daring, assertive aesthetic that wrenches beauty out of wretchedness and identity out of numerousness.
Read 1193 times
“Responsibility finds a way and irresponsibility makes excuses.” This is the motto of 24-year old Varun Nunkoo. Whilst guys of his age are still thinking and working on a career opportunity, this zealous young man has started to achieve credible success in the graphic and photographic world. His aim is to improvise in this domain putting forward his unique contribution and creative ideas. Sky is the limit for this young man.
Read 1032 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 4447 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 204 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 100 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 87 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 62 times Read more...