26 October 2014
Ten years ago, it was by chance that Viraj Ramharai discovered his true calling: surf lifesaving. Today, as the vice-president of the International Life Savers Africa and the founder of Surf Life Saving Association of Mauritius, he is embarking into a new project: a 20-km swim across at Belle Mare for fundraising purposes.
Read 179 times
Friday, 05 September 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Chitra Bhatoo, 23, earns her living from her childhood passion. She considers photography an art of capturing moments in life. News on Sunday discovers the photographer’s world through the eyes of this young lady.
Read 673 times
She is a young, dynamic and passionate Consultant and Trainer in Management systems. She has visited several countries and experienced many incidents that are quite surprising and amusing. News on Sunday brings to you the busy life of a modern working professional.
Read 329 times
Ameerah could be an inspiration for others. She started writing at a young age. She endorses what Susan Sontag said, that a writer is a professional observer. News On Sunday met this cheerful lady who narrated her journey till here.
Read 228 times
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Having been awarded the second prize for the ‘Agro’ category at the National Women Entrepreneur Council (NWEC) Awards 2014, Kalyanee Hurry tells us how she started her business. Her passion for cooking and her spirit of entrepreneurship have led her to be a successful woman entrepreneur.
Read 456 times
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
The story of South African women is unique, since it’s about strife, resilience, and reinvention and struggle for righteousness. Each generation had to fight treble oppression, firstly being black, secondly being a woman because of patriarchal mindset and thirdly poverty. And yet, these women survived against all odds and became self-affirming models of resilience and resistance.
Read 160 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
In a career that spans a decade, Rashila has amazed the Mauritian public with her art performances. She has so many fans and is well appreciated for her dedication and artistic talents. News on Sunday finds out more from her, especially on her concept to use art for Youth Awakening Art.
Read 419 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Manager of the Chantefrais franchise at Curepipe, Mohammed Noorani Joomun is a hard-working and committed entrepreneur. Being self-employed and owner of a ‘Chantefrais’ shop which is open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Sunday and having no employees is no easy task. However, it’s with passion and devotion that this 51-year old man performs his job.
Read 243 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Jessyca Joyekurun recently returned to Mauritius after spending six weeks on a Business and Entrepreneurship Executive course at Yale University, which culminated into a three-day summit with President Barack Obama. She returned from the US with fresh ideas.
Read 528 times
Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
I was deeply saddened to learn of the demise of my long time dear friend and ‘brother’, Jagdeesh Goop Fokeer or simply “Jack”, as he was known to me and his c;ose friends, that occurred a few weeks back.
Read 254 times
Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 Written by Indradev Curpen
Following the imbroglio created by the communiqué of the Prime Minister’s Office on the Chagos issue, Fernand Mandarin, President of the ‘Comité Social Chagossien’ called our office to express his complete distress on the current situation. News on Sunday asked him about the reasons thereof.
Read 182 times
Dressed in his white striped shirt and black pants, Riyaad, 33, will take you up in the air. Currently living in South Africa, he is a passionate young man who wants to live his life to the full and fulfill his dreams. News On Sunday meets this young Mauritian pilot.
Read 898 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 701 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 599 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 251 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 55 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 40 times Read more...