23 October 2014
Friday, 29 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
The story of South African women is unique, since it’s about strife, resilience, and reinvention and struggle for righteousness. Each generation had to fight treble oppression, firstly being black, secondly being a woman because of patriarchal mindset and thirdly poverty. And yet, these women survived against all odds and became self-affirming models of resilience and resistance.
Read 159 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
In a career that spans a decade, Rashila has amazed the Mauritian public with her art performances. She has so many fans and is well appreciated for her dedication and artistic talents. News on Sunday finds out more from her, especially on her concept to use art for Youth Awakening Art.
Read 398 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Manager of the Chantefrais franchise at Curepipe, Mohammed Noorani Joomun is a hard-working and committed entrepreneur. Being self-employed and owner of a ‘Chantefrais’ shop which is open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Sunday and having no employees is no easy task. However, it’s with passion and devotion that this 51-year old man performs his job.
Read 239 times
Friday, 22 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Jessyca Joyekurun recently returned to Mauritius after spending six weeks on a Business and Entrepreneurship Executive course at Yale University, which culminated into a three-day summit with President Barack Obama. She returned from the US with fresh ideas.
Read 527 times
Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
I was deeply saddened to learn of the demise of my long time dear friend and ‘brother’, Jagdeesh Goop Fokeer or simply “Jack”, as he was known to me and his c;ose friends, that occurred a few weeks back.
Read 250 times
Friday, 15 August 2014 14:00 Written by Indradev Curpen
Following the imbroglio created by the communiqué of the Prime Minister’s Office on the Chagos issue, Fernand Mandarin, President of the ‘Comité Social Chagossien’ called our office to express his complete distress on the current situation. News on Sunday asked him about the reasons thereof.
Read 179 times
Dressed in his white striped shirt and black pants, Riyaad, 33, will take you up in the air. Currently living in South Africa, he is a passionate young man who wants to live his life to the full and fulfill his dreams. News On Sunday meets this young Mauritian pilot.
Read 891 times
Wednesday, 13 August 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Laborieuse, courageuse et persévérante, Stéphanie Moussa s’est vue dans l’obligation d’exercer le métier d’apprentie-maçon pour pouvoir joindre les deux bouts. Le travail ne lui fait pas peur. Pour cette épouse et mère de quatre enfants, aider son époux à subvenir au mieux aux besoins de leur famille demeure sa priorité.
Read 671 times
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00 Written by Sunil Gopal
Artee Beegoo-Madhun is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA).
Read 531 times
Friday, 01 August 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
Her ambitions were sky high when she was still very young but little did she know that one day her dreams would turn into reality. Shanen Ganapathee, 20, will soon commence her second year as an undergraduate student at Duke University in the States. As of now, she is making her parents proud and her feats will surely make her country, Mauritius, proud of her in the future.
Read 466 times
“Always aim for the moon; even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars,” are the beliefs of the 25-year old Ashesh who is a well known figure in the field of drama. It is said that some are born leaders but Ashesh is a born actor. An ex-student of the Mahatma Gandhi Institute, Moka, he has acted in different plays and has won several awards so far. His dream is to bring new blood to the field of, and having theatre artists breaking into the world of cinema.
Read 496 times
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
News on Sunday speaks to Karuna Rajiah, a psychologist, on the issue of teenage love, the current trends, the behaviour of our youngsters and on sex education at school. karuna, a lecturer in psychology, is the vice president of SPAC - Society of Psychologists and Counsellors and a Member of the Association of Teachers of Psychology UK.
Read 1116 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 4440 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 204 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 100 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 87 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 62 times Read more...