25 October 2014
Wednesday, 13 August 2014 14:00 Written by Wintyche Fanfan
Laborieuse, courageuse et persévérante, Stéphanie Moussa s’est vue dans l’obligation d’exercer le métier d’apprentie-maçon pour pouvoir joindre les deux bouts. Le travail ne lui fait pas peur. Pour cette épouse et mère de quatre enfants, aider son époux à subvenir au mieux aux besoins de leur famille demeure sa priorité.
Read 673 times
Friday, 08 August 2014 14:00 Written by Sunil Gopal
Artee Beegoo-Madhun is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA).
Read 532 times
Friday, 01 August 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
Her ambitions were sky high when she was still very young but little did she know that one day her dreams would turn into reality. Shanen Ganapathee, 20, will soon commence her second year as an undergraduate student at Duke University in the States. As of now, she is making her parents proud and her feats will surely make her country, Mauritius, proud of her in the future.
Read 469 times
“Always aim for the moon; even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars,” are the beliefs of the 25-year old Ashesh who is a well known figure in the field of drama. It is said that some are born leaders but Ashesh is a born actor. An ex-student of the Mahatma Gandhi Institute, Moka, he has acted in different plays and has won several awards so far. His dream is to bring new blood to the field of, and having theatre artists breaking into the world of cinema.
Read 498 times
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
News on Sunday speaks to Karuna Rajiah, a psychologist, on the issue of teenage love, the current trends, the behaviour of our youngsters and on sex education at school. karuna, a lecturer in psychology, is the vice president of SPAC - Society of Psychologists and Counsellors and a Member of the Association of Teachers of Psychology UK.
Read 1117 times
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
Teaching is not a job, it’s a vocation. Educator in Chemistry, Roshnee Rajkomar deems that her task is not limited to passive teaching. She has introduced new teaching methods in class to have more interactive sessions with her students. Her firm belief in the young and their potential led her to mentor a group of Mauritian students for several weeks in the United States.
Read 585 times
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Ignored in his very own country, Dr Jayshan Keejoo is at the top of his profession in the world’s most powerful country, the United States of America. From a simple hotel officer, he is today an associate professor in Law and Strategic Project Management Science in New York today.
Read 813 times
Being an ardent lover of the sea, corals and the environment, Nadeem Nazurally, a young marine scientist embodies the change he wants to see in the world. He is a professional marine scientist working on different research programmes in active conservation, restoration, reef building and preservation of marine species.
Read 257 times
He is young, dynamic and adventurous. Dinesh Puttee accepted the challenge to trek to Gokyori, a 5,360m peak in Nepal, for charity purposes. He decided to share his mesmerising experience of an amazing journey for a worthwhile reason with the readers of New on Sunday.
Read 268 times
She is a strong advocate of promoting literacy among children and has been writing books that have won her international recognition, (both in Mauritius and in Europe). Priya Rughooputh-Hein is a woman who has taken the challenge to make children love reading in this fast technological era.
Read 534 times
Friday, 27 June 2014 14:08 Written by News On Sunday
Mona is the wife of the political analyst Dr Kirk Meighoo. Settled in Trinidad, Mona lets us discover her Trinidadian life while keeping her Mauritian values at every step of life.
Read 1988 times
Friday, 27 June 2014 14:01 Written by News On Sunday
Driven by ambition, the 28-year old Chetanandsingh Shibloll, also known as Ashish, is the brain behind the Youth In Networking (YIN) project.
Read 449 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 440 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 395 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 226 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 44 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 28 times Read more...