23 October 2014
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
Teaching is not a job, it’s a vocation. Educator in Chemistry, Roshnee Rajkomar deems that her task is not limited to passive teaching. She has introduced new teaching methods in class to have more interactive sessions with her students. Her firm belief in the young and their potential led her to mentor a group of Mauritian students for several weeks in the United States.
Read 578 times
Friday, 18 July 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Ignored in his very own country, Dr Jayshan Keejoo is at the top of his profession in the world’s most powerful country, the United States of America. From a simple hotel officer, he is today an associate professor in Law and Strategic Project Management Science in New York today.
Read 810 times
Being an ardent lover of the sea, corals and the environment, Nadeem Nazurally, a young marine scientist embodies the change he wants to see in the world. He is a professional marine scientist working on different research programmes in active conservation, restoration, reef building and preservation of marine species.
Read 252 times
He is young, dynamic and adventurous. Dinesh Puttee accepted the challenge to trek to Gokyori, a 5,360m peak in Nepal, for charity purposes. He decided to share his mesmerising experience of an amazing journey for a worthwhile reason with the readers of New on Sunday.
Read 257 times
She is a strong advocate of promoting literacy among children and has been writing books that have won her international recognition, (both in Mauritius and in Europe). Priya Rughooputh-Hein is a woman who has taken the challenge to make children love reading in this fast technological era.
Read 519 times
Friday, 27 June 2014 14:08 Written by News On Sunday
Mona is the wife of the political analyst Dr Kirk Meighoo. Settled in Trinidad, Mona lets us discover her Trinidadian life while keeping her Mauritian values at every step of life.
Read 1984 times
Friday, 27 June 2014 14:01 Written by News On Sunday
Driven by ambition, the 28-year old Chetanandsingh Shibloll, also known as Ashish, is the brain behind the Youth In Networking (YIN) project.
Read 448 times
Saturday, 21 June 2014 12:00 Written by Mario Boutia
Pour Jean-Noël Sandian, la misère n’est pas une fatalité. Son destin, on le façonne par la force de ses bras et son intelligence. Forgé dans la misère, il s’est battu pour se faire une place au soleil. Aujourd’hui, il se dévoue corps et âme pour l’éradication de la pauvreté et la défense des droits des travailleurs.
Read 469 times
Friday, 20 June 2014 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
A true social worker, Pritish Yash Ramchurn as a young professional, has deeply cultivated the habit to serve in whatever capacity he can. Yash has been working diligently towards solving community issues affecting the socio-economic life of citizens of his area. Known for his innovative ventures and his leadership skills, our fighter aspires to achieve further than his potential.
Read 1941 times
For the 3rd consecutive year, Mauritius is sponsoring Miss England pageant competition, a national event in the UK which will showcase the Mauritian destination again.
Read 630 times
“Coming together is the Beginning, Keeping together is the Progress, Working together is the Success”. This is the belief of the passionate and daring president of JCI City Plus. Asha Auckloo has been selected to lead the organisation for a year and she is all charged up.
Read 476 times
Friday, 13 June 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Russian by origin and Mauritian by heart. Born and bred in a family of Information Technology specialists, Natasha diverted from family traditions and chose the field of marketing. Honesty and sincerity are some of the qualities that define her personality.
Read 575 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 4155 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 195 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 95 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 80 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 61 times Read more...