21 October 2014
Music is her passion and deejaying is her way to share it with others. Nina Hills, 30, is one of the first and few female DJs of the country. Between being a professional in marketing during weekdays and a residential DJ at Shotz in Flic en Flac during weekends, she admits that life is not always easy. But then, being able to blend work and enjoyment is what makes her life interesting.
Read 464 times
It has been one year since former Assistant Commissioner of Police Mr Lachund Heeramun left us on 24 May 2013. Lachund was born on 1st February 1944, at L’Escalier in the District of Grand Port. As an orphan, he did not get any parental support, advice and guidance, and as such had a painful adolescence.
Read 838 times
The entertainment and nightlife industry has been buzzing for nearly two years with the opening of a new entertainment company, inviting the most famous local and international DJs to perform and implement unique concepts.
Read 759 times
Friday, 16 May 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
It is said that “boys love football, girls love football players.” This is definitely not true for this family of Le Morne village where not only one, nor two but three generations of women are professional football players. From the grandmother to the mother and the daughter, all three of them are football lovers and practise this sport with zeal. Enthusiastically and with much pride, they share their passion with us.
Read 589 times
Successful business woman, Nivedita has been actively involved in women empowerment and networking. Of strong mettle, she believes that positivity and inspirations are acquired from hard working and honest people.
Read 954 times
Dr. Veena Banymandhub, a medical specialist from France, was in Mauritius recently. With a career spanning over thirty years in Strasbourg, Veena has specialised in ‘addictologie’, since the past ten years. The doctor advocates that medicine should be, most importantly, about the patient’s welfare. The medical field abroad and the one in Mauritius are definitely worlds apart. Each has a different approach, concept, focus, and technique.
Read 659 times
Some people are lucky to have been born with some talent while others have to work hard to achieve their goals. Our artist is bold, diligent as well as talented, authentic and down-to-earth. Ramakrishna Pillay Rungiah, 25, has had a true passion for art since the age of seven but learned throughout the years to enhance his techniques. The painter artist, who draws inspiration from daily life scenes and situations, plans to set up an art exhibition soon.
Read 451 times
Friday, 02 May 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
Senjeeven Dhanen Mungapen has been ranked Top of the World in Design & Technology at the Cambridge School Certificate 2013. During this time of joy and pride, he remembers his father who passed away recently.
Read 394 times
The challenge of raising a child with autism has forged her character and turned her into a stronger person. She tries everything to create the environment needed so that her child grows to his full potential. Above all, it’s her jovial self and optimism about life that makes things smooth for her.
Read 650 times
Friday, 25 April 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Malaysian by birth, Dr. Weena Desai came to Mauritius in 1982. Intelligent and bold, she faced a true challenge but gave much honour to the status of the women in Mauritius.
Read 1112 times
Success is not always tangible or seen. It is sometimes the amount of experiences you gained after having faced challenges. Many career women prefer the internalized wisdom than the exhibition of material success.
Read 460 times
Friday, 18 April 2014 14:06 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
In its 32 years of existence, it is the first time that a woman is at the helm of the Rotary Club of Grand Baie. Valerie Tse, a career woman, is a Rotarian since 2006.
Read 984 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 3624 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 159 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 87 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 71 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 53 times Read more...