25 October 2014
Saturday, 21 June 2014 12:00 Written by Mario Boutia
Pour Jean-Noël Sandian, la misère n’est pas une fatalité. Son destin, on le façonne par la force de ses bras et son intelligence. Forgé dans la misère, il s’est battu pour se faire une place au soleil. Aujourd’hui, il se dévoue corps et âme pour l’éradication de la pauvreté et la défense des droits des travailleurs.
Read 474 times
Friday, 20 June 2014 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
A true social worker, Pritish Yash Ramchurn as a young professional, has deeply cultivated the habit to serve in whatever capacity he can. Yash has been working diligently towards solving community issues affecting the socio-economic life of citizens of his area. Known for his innovative ventures and his leadership skills, our fighter aspires to achieve further than his potential.
Read 1951 times
For the 3rd consecutive year, Mauritius is sponsoring Miss England pageant competition, a national event in the UK which will showcase the Mauritian destination again.
Read 631 times
“Coming together is the Beginning, Keeping together is the Progress, Working together is the Success”. This is the belief of the passionate and daring president of JCI City Plus. Asha Auckloo has been selected to lead the organisation for a year and she is all charged up.
Read 477 times
Friday, 13 June 2014 14:00 Written by News On Sunday
Russian by origin and Mauritian by heart. Born and bred in a family of Information Technology specialists, Natasha diverted from family traditions and chose the field of marketing. Honesty and sincerity are some of the qualities that define her personality.
Read 579 times
Music is her passion and deejaying is her way to share it with others. Nina Hills, 30, is one of the first and few female DJs of the country. Between being a professional in marketing during weekdays and a residential DJ at Shotz in Flic en Flac during weekends, she admits that life is not always easy. But then, being able to blend work and enjoyment is what makes her life interesting.
Read 472 times
It has been one year since former Assistant Commissioner of Police Mr Lachund Heeramun left us on 24 May 2013. Lachund was born on 1st February 1944, at L’Escalier in the District of Grand Port. As an orphan, he did not get any parental support, advice and guidance, and as such had a painful adolescence.
Read 844 times
The entertainment and nightlife industry has been buzzing for nearly two years with the opening of a new entertainment company, inviting the most famous local and international DJs to perform and implement unique concepts.
Read 770 times
Friday, 16 May 2014 14:00 Written by Premita Leelachand
It is said that “boys love football, girls love football players.” This is definitely not true for this family of Le Morne village where not only one, nor two but three generations of women are professional football players. From the grandmother to the mother and the daughter, all three of them are football lovers and practise this sport with zeal. Enthusiastically and with much pride, they share their passion with us.
Read 595 times
Successful business woman, Nivedita has been actively involved in women empowerment and networking. Of strong mettle, she believes that positivity and inspirations are acquired from hard working and honest people.
Read 964 times
Dr. Veena Banymandhub, a medical specialist from France, was in Mauritius recently. With a career spanning over thirty years in Strasbourg, Veena has specialised in ‘addictologie’, since the past ten years. The doctor advocates that medicine should be, most importantly, about the patient’s welfare. The medical field abroad and the one in Mauritius are definitely worlds apart. Each has a different approach, concept, focus, and technique.
Read 660 times
Some people are lucky to have been born with some talent while others have to work hard to achieve their goals. Our artist is bold, diligent as well as talented, authentic and down-to-earth. Ramakrishna Pillay Rungiah, 25, has had a true passion for art since the age of seven but learned throughout the years to enhance his techniques. The painter artist, who draws inspiration from daily life scenes and situations, plans to set up an art exhibition soon.
Read 453 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 563 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 509 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 241 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 53 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 38 times Read more...