26 October 2014
Many girls acknowledge life coaching by their dads as the key reason for their success. From toddler through adolescence to a successful woman, a father is the friend and mentor in a girl’s life. Priya Mareachealee Singh relentlessly follows the footsteps and teaching of her father and is poised as one of the most successful entrepreneurs in Mauritius.
Read 474 times
She carries with her a dynamic energy, a quick wit and altered style which is unique. Her flair and demeanor resounds with intelligence and confidence and there is no doubt that she has that special something which commands industry attention. In this exclusive interview with News on Sunday, Megane gives a little peek into the charmingly cheeky young lady behind the glamorous image. Below, she talks about being scouted at the age of 14 and her journey ever since.
Read 896 times
Friday, 14 March 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Some women really evoke admiration and respect by their courage and determination. They are the proof that women are as strong and capable as men, not to say to their equal.
Read 847 times
Equality between man and woman is an eyewash concept for many who believe that the best jobs are more than often bagged by males. However, some women have not accepted the fact as a fatality and are striving to make a place under the sun.
Read 252 times
Although Shehreen has been creative since childhood, it took her a while to listen to her inner voice and to devote time into becoming an artist. She can deftly wield her artist’s brush to create moody and atmospheric pieces. Or she can make jaw dropping portraits! The following interview sheds light on this prolific artist who is working hard on an exhibition that will be shocased to the public very soon.
Read 1234 times
International Women’s Day is a time to ponder on women, their success and achievements. Career paths are different for every woman; while some are obsessively focused on success at work and social status, others believe that success is a balance of material achievements and emotional fulfilments.
Read 572 times
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She did not hesitate to freeze all her academic studies to immerse fully into circus arts. At the age of 20, Shaheen Saliamohamed started taking aerial silks lessons and train full time in circus arts.
Read 733 times
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
Amitral Darbary’s love for graphic design stemmed from his lifelong passion for drawing. He now has several years of experience and has his own business. He has a wonderfully fresh take on design and a clear zeal for the creative arts. Amitrai shares his passion, inspiration and design philosophy in this interview with News on Sunday.
Read 668 times
Studying after marriage is quite tedious for women as they have several new responsibilities as wife, daughter in law and mother. As you have probably learnet in management, failing to plan is planning to fail and this works both for work life and family life.
Read 451 times
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
It’s out of pure love and strong determination that she has taught Chinese dance to successive generations. Annie Wong Kam Lan, known as Miss Annie, of Taiwanese origin, is very proud of her achievement.
Read 530 times
In spite of being aware that the definition of what art is has evolved with time, we tend to associate it with rainbow colours and pretty flowers. If you form part of this lot, you are bound to review your opinions by the end of our interview with this boldly talented and revolutionary artist.
Read 452 times
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
After a long and enriching professional career in the public and private sector leading to top management positions, Siddhi Choony pursued her all-time passion and dream for the fashion and beauty world.
Read 606 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 737 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 607 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 254 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 55 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 42 times Read more...