22 October 2014
International Women’s Day is a time to ponder on women, their success and achievements. Career paths are different for every woman; while some are obsessively focused on success at work and social status, others believe that success is a balance of material achievements and emotional fulfilments.
Read 567 times
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She did not hesitate to freeze all her academic studies to immerse fully into circus arts. At the age of 20, Shaheen Saliamohamed started taking aerial silks lessons and train full time in circus arts.
Read 725 times
Friday, 28 February 2014 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
Amitral Darbary’s love for graphic design stemmed from his lifelong passion for drawing. He now has several years of experience and has his own business. He has a wonderfully fresh take on design and a clear zeal for the creative arts. Amitrai shares his passion, inspiration and design philosophy in this interview with News on Sunday.
Read 662 times
Studying after marriage is quite tedious for women as they have several new responsibilities as wife, daughter in law and mother. As you have probably learnet in management, failing to plan is planning to fail and this works both for work life and family life.
Read 450 times
Friday, 21 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
It’s out of pure love and strong determination that she has taught Chinese dance to successive generations. Annie Wong Kam Lan, known as Miss Annie, of Taiwanese origin, is very proud of her achievement.
Read 523 times
In spite of being aware that the definition of what art is has evolved with time, we tend to associate it with rainbow colours and pretty flowers. If you form part of this lot, you are bound to review your opinions by the end of our interview with this boldly talented and revolutionary artist.
Read 448 times
Friday, 14 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
After a long and enriching professional career in the public and private sector leading to top management positions, Siddhi Choony pursued her all-time passion and dream for the fashion and beauty world.
Read 600 times
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She is young and driven by the zeal of voluntarism. Her main goal is to help and contribute to the lives of youngsters’ and society at large. She truly believes that “a woman’s place is not only at home”. News on Sunday talked to Hanna Imatalikhan, a young lady aged 21, to know more about her life, social work and her advice to the youth.
Read 413 times
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00 Written by Indradev Curpen
The Reformus group is organising a two-day conference on LiveIslam on 8-9 February 2014, at the SVICC at Pailles. The group has invited four foreign scholars in Islam to deliver the lectures.
Read 905 times
Teachers are usually the ones who rearrange the world for us, introduce us to new concepts like right angles, how to subtract 100 from 99, Shakespeare and globalization. Women teachers are known to be very good at emotional intelligence and that is why perhaps we tend to see in them a guide, a friend or a mother.
Read 474 times
Friday, 07 February 2014 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
At the age of 23, when most girls are just out of university and hunting for their first job, she has set up her matrimonial site and has a few innovative business ideas up her sleeves. This young woman entrepreneur created, along with some friends, shaadimauritius.com, a matrimonial website quite in the limelight lately. She shares her experiences, challenges and achievements from her journey so far.
Read 406 times
Friday, 31 January 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
From beauty therapist to director of her own beauty and wellness training centre, an avid social worker and since a year, acting village councillor for the district of Savanna, Nasime Mungly, also known as Kim, is a relentless woman. She has a real passion to serve the needy and empowering the vulnerable.
Read 457 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 3719 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 165 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 91 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 74 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 54 times Read more...