21 October 2014
Friday, 31 January 2014 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
She’s tough as nails, brilliant and ambitious – and also a no-nonsense girl. She goes through life with an admirable candor which often leaves her peers astounded. She voices other people’s thoughts. She also has her younger counterparts’ benefit at heart, which is why a great chunk of her time is devoted in social work. That’s Vidushi Sobhanee Keenoo for you!
Read 873 times
Rating success is tough, but when some people consider you to be a role model, it already gives you a hint that you are on the right track. Women should be able to give and accept constructive feedbacks from all spheres of life to move up.
Read 589 times
Friday, 24 January 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She is passionate about English and literature. She has contributed to several publications, including one for an American literary press in 2006. Mansa Daby, Lecturer/Programme Manager at the Open University Mauritius, has spent ten years in the education sector.
Read 1022 times
Friday, 24 January 2014 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
He searches for his images on the fringes of society. In the Tamil culture, he sees small slices of life and unaltered beauty. He is the eyes and ears of the mundane nuances of existence, capturing the mood in a fraction of a second. He freezes a moment that people usually forget in the same amount of time.
Read 482 times
Careers are equally important for men and women. Family should be the strength and not perceived as an obstacle. It’s quite rare for women to get support from husband, parents and in-laws to study abroad. Tulsi Hardas Surnam reckons she is lucky to have been able to think and act outside the box.
Read 474 times
From being a journalist (print and broadcast), a public and media relations officer, a lecturer, an English language teacher, a coach in the volunteer sector and short story writer, there is little that Meera Vayapooree has not tried her hands on and not succeeded.
Read 641 times
Friday, 17 January 2014 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
His face is familiar as he is often seen on national television. He is funny and always smiling. “This is the recipe of my success as a comedian,” he says.
Read 433 times
Parenthood is the biggest ever undertaking you can ever face. Being a single parent is, in many ways, tougher, especially when you have to ensure that enough is earned to pay grocery bills, school fees and other daily expenses and on top of that, find time to give a kid all the affection he or she needs. Hardships, sometimes, provides you with the stamina to shape a wonderful world of love and fulfillment.
Read 316 times
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas(PBD) was held on the 7th, 8th and 9th January 2014 in New Delhi. Mahen Utchanah, the founder and president of the Francophone GOPIO International announced a Francophone Night on 8th January 2013 in New Delhi bringing together members of GOPIO from the French-speaking countries and VIP guests such as Mookhesswur Choonee, the Minister of Arts and Culture, and Valayar Ravi, the Minister of Indian Overseas Affairs, and the French Ambassador to India.
Read 401 times
Sunday, 05 January 2014 14:00 Written by Adila Mohit
Surprenante idée que celle de Fernando Justin qui, il y a une vingtaine d'années, a relevé le pari fou de créer toutes sortes d'objects décoratifs à partir de noix de coco. Il a même été l'un des premiers artisans à évoluer dans ce domaine. Fier du chemin parcouru jusqu'ici, il nous parle de son gagne-pain, qui est aussi sa passion.
Read 581 times
As we are at the dawn of New Year 2014, we have gathered for you messages, wishes, resolutions and advices from prominent Mauritian women. They have greatly contributed and influenced our society in their own ways throughout the year.
Read 846 times
Friday, 20 December 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She is a woman who does not have cold feet. Tackling a man’s job at a petrol station in the capital under the summer’s scorching sun is a mere affair for her. And what is most surprising is that she does it all with a big smile.
Read 404 times
People Popular Articles
- Miss UOM 2014 – Urvashi Haurheeram : “A magnificent experience”She is not only a beauty queen but also a talented, intelligent young lady. Urvashi Haurheeram was recently crowned the…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 3492 times Read more...
- Mohammad Iqbal Aubdool : “Instructing people how to drive safely is my ultimate aim”A former student at the Royal College Port Louis and a diploma holder in Public Relations and Marketing Management, Mohammad…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 159 times Read more...
- Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus : “The work of a colleur d’affiche is one of full dedication and professionalism”Having started this activity in 1969, Abdool Cader Hossenbaccus has developed it into a noble business. “I started this work…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 87 times Read more...
- Accounting in Mauritius – Claudia Ho-Fong : “It’s encouraging to see more and more women in the sector”Claudia Ho-Fong has had a long career in the public sector. Currently Acting Director of the Office of the Public…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 69 times Read more...
- Muzzamil Kataully : “A life of virtuous deed is one of success”A qualified draughtsman and teacher at the Law & Management Business School, he completed his studies at Lycée Polytechnique, Flacq.…Written on Friday, 17 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 53 times Read more...