31 October 2014
Parenthood is the biggest ever undertaking you can ever face. Being a single parent is, in many ways, tougher, especially when you have to ensure that enough is earned to pay grocery bills, school fees and other daily expenses and on top of that, find time to give a kid all the affection he or she needs. Hardships, sometimes, provides you with the stamina to shape a wonderful world of love and fulfillment.
Read 376 times
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas(PBD) was held on the 7th, 8th and 9th January 2014 in New Delhi. Mahen Utchanah, the founder and president of the Francophone GOPIO International announced a Francophone Night on 8th January 2013 in New Delhi bringing together members of GOPIO from the French-speaking countries and VIP guests such as Mookhesswur Choonee, the Minister of Arts and Culture, and Valayar Ravi, the Minister of Indian Overseas Affairs, and the French Ambassador to India.
Read 412 times
Sunday, 05 January 2014 14:00 Written by Adila Mohit
Surprenante idée que celle de Fernando Justin qui, il y a une vingtaine d'années, a relevé le pari fou de créer toutes sortes d'objects décoratifs à partir de noix de coco. Il a même été l'un des premiers artisans à évoluer dans ce domaine. Fier du chemin parcouru jusqu'ici, il nous parle de son gagne-pain, qui est aussi sa passion.
Read 608 times
As we are at the dawn of New Year 2014, we have gathered for you messages, wishes, resolutions and advices from prominent Mauritian women. They have greatly contributed and influenced our society in their own ways throughout the year.
Read 863 times
Friday, 20 December 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She is a woman who does not have cold feet. Tackling a man’s job at a petrol station in the capital under the summer’s scorching sun is a mere affair for her. And what is most surprising is that she does it all with a big smile.
Read 408 times
Friday, 20 December 2013 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
Though Angie Chang Fouk Line has been creative since childhood, it took her many years to listen to her creative soul and become an artist. She only recently started calling herself an artist and sharing her art with the world.
Read 362 times
Friday, 13 December 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She has always been passionate about English Literature and Creole and describes herself being a patriot as much as a citizen of the world. This week News on Sunday talked to a globe-trotter who after spending twenty years abroad decided to settle down in her native island.
Read 3145 times
Friday, 13 December 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
She is the winner of the very first reality modelling-based TV show of Mauritius. A student of BA Hospitality Management, she won the hearts of the jury and the public not only with her good looks but with her professionalism and her intellect. Kavina Nemchand, 22, a resident of Henrietta, was crowned Miss Beauty Queen on November 8.
Read 1069 times
Friday, 13 December 2013 14:00 Written by Shaffick Hamuth
She is the very symbol of artistic innovation, a pride of the country. Rashila Jagmohansingh is the rare woman artist who has climbed the ladder of success and fame through hard work and dedication in a very short time. Her aura screams confidence which makes the difference.
Read 430 times
Friday, 06 December 2013 14:00 Written by Loga Virahsawmy
The Women Entrepreneurs’ Week kicked off on Monday at the National Women Entrepreneur Council at Phoenix and ended on Friday, with a series of activities on the programme. The Women Entrepreneurs’ Week is being organised to promote Women Entrepreneurship and assist in the growth and development of existing and potential Women Entrepreneurs.
Read 525 times
Friday, 06 December 2013 14:00 Written by Jameela Jaddoo
Dynamic, daring and adventurous, he is the new rising talent in photography. Mohammad Furhzaad Bengah, web and graphic designer for a French company, is one lucky guy who has known how to merge passion and vocation.
Read 1486 times
Friday, 29 November 2013 14:00 Written by Mumtaz Soogund
Hold on while we present to you a lady from the new posse of pageant queens in town. A doting mother, an immensely dedicated actress, teacher and social worker, Salina (Mrs. Mauritius- second runner up) essays each role with the sort of panache difficult to resist.
Read 1253 times
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 2058 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 1746 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 490 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 415 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 135 times Read more...