25 October 2014
Friday, 29 November 2013 14:00
The incidence of disabilities either physical or mental in our society is far more common than many might realise. There are hundreds, in fact thousands of families who have a close relative with some sort of disability.
Published in Society
Friday, 30 August 2013 08:00
Young Voice is a global campaigning project of the Leonard Cheshire Disability Global Alliance to share experiences of the daily lives of young persons with disabilities. It is a worldwide group of young people with disabilities from countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Published in News
Friday, 18 January 2013 13:02
We have often heard that ‘disability is not a fatality’. Indeed, it is a true statement. Disabled people sometimes achieve more than many able-bodied persons.
Published in People
Friday, 13 April 2012 14:02
Disabled persons, whatever the origin, nature and seriousness of their handicaps and disabilities, have the same fundamental rights as their fellow citizens. This implies first and foremost the right to enjoy a decent life, as normal and lack-less as possible. In order to do so, like the majority of us, according to their capabilities, they should be allowed to secure and retain employment or engage in useful, productive and remunerative occupation.
Published in Society
People Popular Articles
- Stacy Ng See Cheong : The first Miss Supranational MauritiusYoung, beautiful, intelligent and engaged into volunteerism – Mauritius’s first time ever Miss Supranational has it all. Beauty with purpose,…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 378 times Read more...
- Keshav Padaruth : Young and AchievingYoung, intelligent, handsome and successful… Keshav Padaruth is the example of someone who dreamt to make it big early and…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 342 times Read more...
- Aisha Allee : From air hostess to Entrepreneur of the YearThe Managing Director of Blast Communications, Aisha Allee, who started her career as an air hostess ten years back, won…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 202 times Read more...
- The influence of Malala on the local teenagersMalala Yousafzai is a young Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize winner. She has become famous…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 44 times Read more...
- Vince Duvergé : Dreaming of being a showmanAlways believe in your dreams. Without a dream, you won’t go anywhere. That’s the motto of Vince. This young Mauritian…Written on Friday, 24 October 2014 14:00 in People Read 26 times Read more...