The Educational Institutions of Amity Group, namely Amity Institute of Higher Education and Amity Global Business School Mauritius along with Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism (FHT), Amity Institute of Travel and Tourism (AITT), Amity School of Hospitality (ASH), and Amity University Uttar Pradesh are organising a workshop on sustainable Tourism Development: Partnerships, Inclusive Growth and Alternative Community Livelihood on 8th and 9th February.
The theme of the conference is adopted taking into consideration the United Nations 17 Millennium Development Goals and United Nation’s World Tourism Organization declaration of 2017 as Year of Sustainable Tourism Development.
The Conference (AITHC 2018) aims to address Sustainability related issues and to achieve multi-fold outcomes for the visitor economies so as to deliver the desired results for all participants in this Conference.
Additionally, the following thematic areas will be addressed:
- Issues related with Modern Tourism and Hospitality Age
- Hospitality Operational management
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Alternative Energy and Sustainable Tourism
- Water Conservation and Responsible Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism: Opportunities and Challenges
- Aviation Industry. Issues and Challenges
- Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Technology in Tourism and Hospitality
- Education, Training and Development in Hospitality, Tourism
- Challenges in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Hospitality and Tourism
- Medical Tourism: Innovative Practices
- Big Data Analytics and Tourism
- Event Management
- Food safety, quality & Food laws
- Green Hotels & Sustainable Tourism
- Destination and Brand Management
- E- Tourism
- Competitiveness and Visitor Economy
- Innovative and Digital Entrepreneurs
- Eco Tourism and Management Issues
- Sustainability and wellbeing of visitor Economy
- Innovation in Hospitality & Tourism
The conference is aimed at providing a meeting ground for the Intellectual and Professional experts/ resource persons in tourism. It welcomes for participation, all of the following:
- Policy Makers
- Travel Writers
- Research Scholars
- Trade Professionals
Objectives of the conference
The conference on Sustainable Tourism Development is expected to create opportunities for Partnerships, inclusive growth and alternative community livelihood and create a platform for industry professionals, academics, researchers and students to present their research studies and findings relevant to the field of hospitality, tourism & aviation.
Other objectives include:
- Enhancing and developing opportunities for further research in the field of hospitality and tourism
- Strengthen the overseas linkage on research in tourism and hospitality
- Provide a platform to bridge the gap between academia and industry with strong industry interface
- Provide the outputs to Government regulatory bodies in the participating countries
Mauritius as a choice
Why has Mauritius been chosen for such a workshop? According to a recent report by the World Economic Forum (WEF), Mauritius ranks high among the list of 141 countries worldwide as per the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index (TTCI) 2015.
Mauritius is considered as a preferred business destination due to its investor-friendly policies. It still remains a highly price-competitive tourist destination. In a global perspective, there are several issues that the industry needs to address in future, like Technology and Communication to successfully promote destinations, financing tourism development, visa facilitation, air connectivity, Healthy environment in society, taxation policy, vocational education, employment opportunities and so on.
Moreover, the increased demographic strength of manpower in Mauritius that aspires to join service industry and become service professionals can be the one who may meet the global perspectives. Hence, this International conference is focused to highlight the challenging areas that the tourism, hospitality and aviation industry may face in future.
The participation of academia and industry stakeholders will give an insight to these issues and suggest measures to meet the desired outcomes and serve as a white paper.