We are already in December guys. It’s that time of the year where we rejoice with family, spend fun times with our friends and also discover new things. To make your end of year memorable, have a look at the activities we have in store for you.
- National Summer Holidays 2017 Activities by the Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Hiking at Le Morne on Saturday 2nd December (Upper Plaine Wilhems region)
- Fun Foot on Sunday 3rd December at Petit Raffray Football Ground (Rivière du Rempart region)
- Treasure Hunt and Fun Games at Mahebourg Waterfront on Monday 4th December (Grand Port region)
- Treasure Hunt on Tuesday 5th December at St Aubin (Savanne region)
- Football and Futsal Camp (MSC) from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th December at Anjalay Training Group, Rohit Boolakee, Harry Latour, Baie du Tombeau, Bon Accueil and Paillote
- Nager C Vital Camp 2 (MSC) from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th December at Mare D’Albert, Serge Alfred, Pavillon, Calebasses and Rivière du Rempart
- Marine Conservation Project from Tuesday 5th to Saturday 9th December at Blue Bay (Lower Plaine Wilhems)
- Blue Venture -Life Saving and Water Rescue from Tuesday 5th to Tuesday 12th December at Trou aux Biches & La Cuvette, Trou aux Biches & La Belle Mare, Pointe aux Sables
- Carrefour des Jeunes from Tuesday 5th to Thursday 7th December at Pointe Jerome (Lower Plaine Wilhems region)
- Ciné Debat on Wednesday 6th December at Helvetia Youth Centre (Moka)
- Mountaineering at Le Morne on Wednesday 6th December (Black River region)
- Beach Games on Thursday 7th December at Mont Choisy (Port Louis region)
- Visit to Bois Cheri Tea Factory on Thursday 7th December (Upper Plaine Wilhems region)
- Visit to Ile aux Cerfs on Thursday 7th December (Savanne region)
- Mountaineering on Friday 8th December at Corps de Garde (Grand Port region)
- Sports animations at Stade Germain Commarmond Bambous on Friday 8th December (Black River region)
Hiking at Roches Noires Caves and Bras D'Eau Forest
Sweet Vanilla Voyage is organising a hike at Roches Noires Caves and Bras D’Eau Forest on Sunday 3rd December. You will have the opportunity to discover the river of Rivière du Rempart while crossing the bridge, and then there will be a walking track of about 2km until reaching the caves section.
There are seven caves in all. The meeting point for the hike is Bras D’Eau forest and departure is at 09:30. Guides will accompany participants. At the end of the hike, around 11:45-12:00, you will reach Poste la Fayette Beach for lunch break.
Participants can have a refreshing swim before heading back around 13:30-14:00 to visit the Roches Noires Caves. The hike will end around 16-16:30. All participants are required to bring along torchlight, wear good pair of sports shoes, caps and hats, sun cream, their own lunch and 2lts of water.
Price per participant: Rs 400. Participants must also be in a good state of health. Reservation 48hr in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org with details such as name, contact number and address and payment 48hr in advance by bank transfer or MCB / juice (000242911811).
Focus Astrophotography Camp
Focus Digital Photography is organising an Astrophotography Camp from Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th December as from 13:15, for all Astrophotography fans. You will have lots of fun while learning how to shoot. The Focus Team will take you to Chamarel where they will conduct a full-on course on Astrophotography on Day 1. Participants will enjoy an outdoor lifestyle, sleeping in camping tents.
On Day 2, there will be a half day course on Photo Editing for Astrophotographers. Focus Digital Photography will provide transport from Curepipe to the camping site at Chamarel and back as well as meals and tea breaks and camping tents. Note that the Astrophotography course is certified. Each participant will go home with an MA approved pack which includes a t-shirt and writing materials. Note that the camp is open for teens as from 14 years old. Contact: 5963-9030
Augmented Reality training for students
The National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC) in collaboration with Eon Reality Mauritius Ltd are organizing a two-day training on Augmented Reality for students aged 11 and above. The objective of the training is to promote a culture of creativity and innovation among youth in Mauritius.
Augmented reality is an enhanced version of reality where live direct or indirect views of physical real-world environments are augmented with superimposed computer-generated images over a user’s view of the real-world, thus enhancing one’s current perception of reality.
The training will take place in two batches on following dates: 4th to 5th December and 6th to 7th December as from 09:00 to 15:00. Venue is at EON Reality Mauritius Ltd, 62, ICT Avenue, The Core, Level 3, University of Mauritius Branch, Ebène Cybercity. Course fee is at Rs 1,000 per participant, inclusive of a free EON Idome ticket plus packed lunch. For more information, call NPCC Mauritius on 467-7700.
Leadership workshops for teens
NPCC Mauritius is organizing a two day leadership workshop for teens aged 13 to 18 on 5th and 6th December. The workshop is based on the theme “Today’s Teens, Tomorrow’s Leaders.” The course objectives are to allow teens to learn about the importance of leadership, the different styles of leadership, to raise their awareness on their personal strengths and growth areas as leaders, knowledge of effective communication techniques and strategies, among others. The workshop starts at 09:00 to end at 14:30. Course fee is at Rs 1,000 and seat capacity is 30. Venue: NPCC Conference Room.
Let’s go to the movies
Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists newfound ally Diana Prince to face an even greater threat. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to recruit a team to stand against this newly awakened enemy.
Despite the formation of an unprecedented league of heroes -- Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash -- it may be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
At: Star Caudan, Bagatelle, La Croisette – 11hr, 14hr, 18hr, 21hr
My Little Pony: The Movie
Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity embark on an epic journey to save Ponyville from a dark force. Along the way, the Mane 6 meet new friends and face exciting challenges as they travel beyond Equestria to defeat the evil Storm King and his minion unicorn - Tempest Shadow.
At: Star Caudan, Bagatelle, La Croisette – 11hr and 13hr30
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
The battle for NINJAGO City calls to action young Master Builder Lloyd, aka the Green Ninja, along with his friends, also secret ninja warriors. Led by Master Wu, as wise-cracking as he is wise, they must defeat the evil warlord Garmadon, who also happens to be Lloyd’s dad.
Pitting father against son, the epic showdown tests these fierce but undisciplined modern-day ninjas, as they learn to check their egos and pull together to unleash the inner power of Spinjitzu.
At: Star Bagatelle and La Croisette – 11hr, 13hr15, 15hr30